Monday, May 14, 2012

A wonderful Mothers day weekend

My family is so awesome. I had a wonderful Mother's day weekend! On Saturday Janae, Chantel, and I drove to Yakima Washington to pick up a kitten that Janae wanted to add to her family. Such an adorable little thing! Visiting the breeders home made me really miss my Persian breeding days. We had such a fun road trip! Chantel says she wants to be a "guest blogger" on my blog and blog about our trip--so I think I am going to let her. We'll see how that goes:)

First, I have to share this picture that Janae staged today of her animals, and ours in a whiskey barrel that I had planned to plant petunias in this weekend. Good thing I hadn't got to planting them yet! Daisy and Dafney are having a bad hair day (it has been so hot!) but the picture is a keeper. How cute is that?!


This picture makes me smile!

This morning the kids got up early made breakfast for themselves and Gage (scrambled eggs) and then cleaned the kitchen! They didn't bother to make me breakfast because they know I never eat breakfast, I know I should. Then they gave all the dogs baths--that's a big job around here! I couldn't believe it. What sweet kids!  The kids also got me the cutest gift. They paid for it and got it themselves.  Here it is...


Then you push the button and it slowly opens...


I will cherish this. I love it that they picked it out themselves.

Janae got me a lovely bouquet of roses, a bottle of chocolate expresso wine, and the burn out velvet I have been wanting to recover that chair I recently bought. I was so delighted!


Jerry had to work today but brought me flowers and made a lovely dinner for Eileen and I when he got home. He made us ribeye steaks, his famous sesame noodle salad and asparagus. It was delicous! It was so fun spending the day with Eileen and the kids. Eileen bought me a huge basket of petunias. I love it, she certainly didn't have to do that. She is such an awesome friend! I will post a picture of the basket soon.:)

Flowers from Jerry

Then we went and visited my Mom. I made her some market bags with the kids picture on it (and one with my nephews picture) to match her cart liner I made.


I made a melted rose with white polyester for one of them--


They will look so cute when filling them with groceries and putting them in the cart!


Chantel, Mom and Janae



Here is 3 generations...


Janae and I

Tonight I took some portraits of Janae and her babies.


Our photo sessions don't always go as easy as they look!


I also wanted to get a recent picture of Sassy and Janae.  We got Sassy when Janae was 5 I believe--they are long time friends. We don't know how much longer Sassy will live but she has been a part of our family for so many years!


My wish is that everyone had a really nice and emotionally satisfying Mothers day like I did. I can't wait to read everybody's posts!


Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Sandy so glad you had a really nice Mothers Day. The photo's are all lovely. xx :)

Olivia said...

This whole post is so beautiful and heart warming! I love all of your pictures! The picture of three generations makes me think of a gathering of lovely angels! Be blessed and thank you for sharing!
xo
Olivia

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic Mother's Day!!! Loved seeing the pictures and reading about your day!! So glad that you had an awesome day too!!!

Grandma Carolee said...

Sandy, these photos are delightful! Thank you for coming over on Mother's Day and making those adorable shopping bags for me. I'll have so much fun shopping with them & showing everyone my cute grandchildren. :-) So happy you had such a fun weekend and got home safely from that long road trip. I really appreciate Chantel & Janae' coming over, too. You make me feel really blessed.

This N That said...

Love, love, love the dogs in the barrel..Great pictures..Are they really that co operative???

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great pictures, Sandy! I love that first one! I don't know how you managed to get all those fur babies to stay still, but it turned out great. It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

Ana said...

Oh Sandy,
I love, love, love that first pic of all your cute pets. It turned out perfect. Sure did put a smile on my face :-) Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day...Well, an awesome day for an awesome mom. Great pics. Wishing you a beautiful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a great day you had! That looks like a professional photo with all of the animals, I can't believe they weren't jumping out!! Your market bags are adorable, with that cute ruffle, what a great family!

Carol

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your photos are Gorgeous.I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day with your family this pass Sunday. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Nautical Tablescape.
XXOO Diane

Seawashed said...

Oh my that kitten is the cutest white fluff ever! Thank you for your faithful visits and kind comments. I'm sorry its been so long since I've been over here! I need to take the time to update my bloglist because I have you in my follower list but not my bloglist and my bloglist is what I visit by. Your daughter is beautiful. So glad you had a wonderful day. ox

Janet said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! That first picture is too adorable! It looks like something you'd see in a magazine!
Blessings,
Janet

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Sandy ~ so happy that you had a nice day! Beautiful pictures of your family!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful mothers day! I love all of your pics. It is so awesome that you live so close to the women in your family... I miss that.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Cindy said...

What a great day... i love the pictures of all the pets and pet cousins in the barrel, so cute and funny. Everyone looks adorable human and well, non human!

Cindy

Unknown said...

There's a whole lot of love going on in these pictures. What a lovely Mothers Day you and your mom had..life is good!

farmhouse-story said...

the pic with all of the fur babies--too cute for words, sandy!! love the kids pics, too!

Nann said...

Just love all the family photos...especially the 3 generational one. You have such a beatiful beautiful family Sandy. And your mothers day sounds wonderful. And I know how you feel because my mothers day was also so amazing.

Hugs my friend,

Nann

Pam Kessler said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day. I always get a kick out of seeing your daughter's bunny in with the dogs and cats. Just one big happy family!

Holly Loves Art said...

Awwwww.. such sweet pictures of the fur babies and pretty girls. Thank you for sharing and I'm happy that Mother's Day was so special for you.