Sunday, May 6, 2012

Flowers, rugs, and getting things done

This weekend I actually got some things done..which feels great! I am feeling good about my productivity this weekend.:)  Of course, you have to have some fun--so here is a picture from one of my 2 trips to Farmington Gardens....


I so love this nursery! My Mom and I went on Friday and got  some flowers and an outdoor rug..which I love! Janae saw the rug and loved it too, so called them and had them hold the last one for her so we had to go back the next day and get it. Going back the second time was not an issue for me--I could spend hours there!  Bella and Lacie like it because it is all outside so they can come.

While Janae and I were at the gardens, Chantel was at home shampooing her carpet and Wyatt's. The night before Janae and Chantel shampooed Janae's upstairs of her house since there is no longer any carpet downstairs...finally! When we got home I spent the whole evening cleaning the carpets in the rest of my house, we got Janae's money worth out of that rental machine!


Yes...Janae's new floors are done! Janae floors post here My new nickname is Jigsaw woman. Chantel is experiencing so many different things than the normal 13 year old girl experiences in a weekend. The above picture is when her and I went to Home Depot and picked up more moulding, and were trying to decide how much we needed, which we cut ourselves I might add. I'm pretty proud of our new found skills!

As I mentioned before Mom and I found a outdoor rug (on sale for 1/2 price) at Farmington Gardens last Friday. I love, love, love it!!! I love the way it feels on my bare feet. I love the way it looks, and how it makes the front deck look even more like a actual room.



Doesn't it look great?! (besides the fact that it feels great) Also, that little table..I found it at Goodwill and thought it would make a darling little coffee table for the front deck. Of course..it will be white and cute eventually. Stay tuned for that:) I can't wait to make some cute pillows and stuff and make this area look cute and inviting! You will be seeing this rugs identical twin sister on Janae's blog soon.



I cut these lilacs to take to Janae's so she could enjoy them in her home with her beautiful new floors. Was over at her house tonight for a bit and her house looks amazing! Hard to believe it is the same house that was covered in dust and wood stacked everywhere just a few short days ago.

Since Janae took the week off to do her floors her vacation time was something less than relaxing. She said at one point it would have been much more relaxing to go to work..and her job is pretty stressful! Her car was in bad need of a detailing job and so that's what I spent my afternoon doing today. It was such a lovely day! Gage came out and watched...and Chantel and Wyatt cleaned the outside of her car for her. I cleaned every last inch of the inside of her car and it looks beautiful! I know how much she appreciates it. Now she can start her work week with a clean car...and a clean house. That always makes life better in my opinion. 

Notice Big John came out too. One of the first times he has ever been outside. He looks real thrilled about it:)



Chantel found this rock in our yard today...


So it was a weekend of cutting floors, cleaning carpets, and cleaning cars...but the important thing is I spent it with my kids and it feels good to have gotten so much done. Tomorrow is suppose to 80 degrees and the gardens are calling!


I hope you have a lovely week!

20 comments:

Janae said...

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING mom you are AWESOME!!!! =]

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i do love the pretty rug! the new table will be adorable painted white--i really love that scalloped side table, too! have a great week:)

Lady of the Woods said...

so who is that in the first picture with the flowers and poochies? is that you or Janae? you look so alike in that pic :D Your reports are darling and your enthusiasm comes through in such a delightful way, I love reading them. I love when people are making beauty, and that rug IS beautiful and perfect where it is. Blessings.

Lady of the Woods said...

I forgot to mention the lilacs are the most gorgeous color I've seen yet. I'm sorry we dont' have them growing here in Florida I miss them soooo much!.

Melanie said...

Love the rug! That table will look so very good painted white! Sounds like you had a productive weekend! always feels good to get thing done!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

My Goodness, you certainly did have a busy weekend! I spent most of my weekend pricing items for our Garage Sale, and cleaning out our Pole Barn and getting tables set up. Today is setting things out, and going thru things again to see if there is anything else I can part with. Weather isn't calling for any rain for Thursday or Friday, so am very happy about that, lol :)

Pretty Lilacs!! Ours didn't produce many flowers this year because of the few days of frost we had :(

Have a great week!!
Warmest hugs, Brenda

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Sandy,

Oh this is all just beautiful! I too love strolling through nurseries like that - I could be there all day!!! Love how your front deck looks, btw!!! Everything is sooo beautiful! :) Thanks for the inspiration!


Hugs from here,
Jessie

Ana said...

Oh Sandy,
Where do you get all that energy from?...But most important, where can I get some? Hee, hee, hee. Love your new outdoor rug. What a cozy outdoor space you have created. Have a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hi Sandy,
Wow, You had a very productive weekend and I love your new outdoor rug. It looks so pretty with your wicker and lilacs. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week!
Lisa

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Sandy,

You are such a wonderful mother! I know Janae must feel very blessed to have you. Your deck area is looking great! I can't wait to see all of the finishing touches.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Nann said...

What a wonderful wonderful loving family you have. Everyone pitches in to help each other out. To me thats what family is all about. I know it was alot of work for you Sandy but it sounds like you all had alot of fun too. And your front porch with all of your 'finds'. Wow!! You always snag the neatest things. Love the whole look. And those purple flowers....just so gorgeous. So glad you took photos to share with us. Loved it all!!

Nann

Karen said...

That sounds like a fun and productive weekend. Love your rug, those pretty lilacs and what a nice mom you are to detail your daughters car, along with all of your sweet helpers. You have a great family.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that was a productive weekend, loved the puppies in the cart, I bet you got stopped by customers every 2 feet. I love the rug too and the goodwill table was quite a find....Lilacs, take me back to my childhood, they don't grow here in Orlando, I so miss the smell!!

Carol

Amy Chalmers said...

Sandy what a good and loving mom you are, it really comes through on your posts~your kids are lucky to have you...love the rug and it sounds like you are so proud of Janae's house...thats so sweet!

Grandma Carolee said...

So good to see Gage outside enjoying your new rug on the deck. So glad we found the rug half price!! You know how I love to bargain shop. :-) I think it was wonderful of you, Chantel, and Wyatt to clean Janae's car. Also, good of Jerry to put the trim on Janae's floor. What a productive week you all had!!!

Unknown said...

Love the rug! It really makes the porch look so cozy. You have such a beautiful family! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now a follower!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

WOW!!! what a beautiful and BUSY week!!! thanks so much for sharing it with us! : ) sending hugs and more hugs for the furbabies!!!! : )

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your deck is beautiful. Love that rug.

Anne said...

Sandy,
I love how you decorated your deck.It is the prettiest deck I have ever seen.That rug is perfect.LOVE,LOVE,LOVE that color.
Anne

Pam Kessler said...

I adore that rug. I was thinking you were talking about a doormat at first, but that is a nice size. I'm going to check out Janae's floor post now.