Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Planting with Hef

Today I got some planting done. It feels so good. The weather has been amazing! I wanted to get my annuals planted now because they will grow big and beautiful, if I get them started now.


Nothing is more relaxing than planting with an icy cold beer of choice, Hefeweizen. Brewed right here in Portland. Thanks to Eileen for leaving it in my refrigerator:) These petunias are going to look so pretty growing below our Dogwood tree. Planted the same ones there last year.



Also got a hanging basket planted with small size Petunias and pink Verbana. That is going to look so great when it gets growing.

Here other things happening in my gardens...



My burgandy Peony bush is about to explode! These Peonies get as big as a plate sometimes. I was amazed last year. I have never seen any like this before.


These little blue flowers look so sweet in arrangements.


My little snowball bush I planted last year is loaded with snowball blooms. It is one of my favorites!


Obviously, I played with Picmonkey a little with this photo. This is from the first flower I bought this year.  Can't think of what it is called at the moment--starts with a R. Anyway--it has really been producing!

The flower of the week hanging on my little indoor picket fence is Lilacs.



Hope your week is going well...Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Your flowers are all so very pretty!! Petunias are a favorite of mine, I plant them every year. Love the blue bells too, they are so sweet looking!!

Grandma Carolee said...

Your flowers are beautiful!! Love the lilacs placed on the little picket fence. Christine said the goosenecks are already blooming in Tennessee.

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Your flowers are looking so pretty!
I love the snow balls too.
Blessings,
Amy Jo

Lucille said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I love your arrangement on the picket fence. So ingenious!

Eileen said...

I adore the Picket fence with bottles and flowers! So sweet. And the window above!
Eileen @ cottage beach house

Cottage and Broome said...

Still can not put my annuals in the ground until later this month, so sad, still a chance of hard frost here. What you have planted looks wonderful, thanks for stopping by, Laura

Anonymous said...

the burgundy peonies are exquisite. I am going to be gone with mine just start to burst open. I will miss most of their beauty. All your flowers are gorgeous. You will have to show them again mid summer.

Barbara said...

Your flowers look beautiful. But I am so loving your Lilac's and the color of them is gorgeous.
lucky you.....ENJOY!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love your gardens so much! Our yard is just terrible for the 2nd year in a row. With hubby in school we had to choose what to tend to...the outside or the inside. Given the heat from last summer (a month of 100+ degree weather) we decided to concentrate on the inside. I hope next spring we can get back to our lawn...and flowers. I miss them so much.


JUST BEAUTIFUL!
xoRebecca

Custom Comforts said...

What lovely flowers and photos. Looks like everything is blooming there. You look to be a little ahead of us here. I too love being out in the garden - brings a special kind of joy and satisfaction.
Cindy

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, just look at your garden! It's amazing! That is a gorgeous peony... and love your lilacs. Your grass is so green and pretty, everything looks wonderful, and what could be better than a cold beer, planting planters full of blossoms and getting dirt under your fingernails... pure heaven!

Cindy

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your Garden looks Beautiful for this time of the year.Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Mothers Day Tablescape. I hope you have a wonderful Mother Day with your family.
XXOO Diane

Special 'K' said...

Oh I love your garden. I am always envious of those with a green thumb! Now that cold beer happens to be a perfect partner when toiling in the yard. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your garden is beautiful!
And you sure know how to treat yourself for your hard work!

Anne said...

Sandy,
What a pretty garden.I have to get out too.This week we have perfect weather.But I will be painting my cabinets :-)
Anne