Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Special Gift

I have been so happy that I started a blog. I cannot even explain how much it has enriched my life and how much fun I have with it! Yesterday a little gift came that just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside about just how nice people can be.



My blogging friend sent me a gift that she just knew I would love. It is the perfect color for my home, and she knows how I love mercury glass...



The color just goes everywhere in my home! I always say you can never have to many candle holders so this is just perfect!


The blogger friend who sent it to me is Bunny Jean. You may know her from the Bunny Hop..which is a fun party that started as a newbie party, and now is open to everyone! The party usually starts around 4 on Tuesdays. You can find it on my sidebar. Bunny Jean as always been very supportive of both Janae and my blogs, and has helped me with things I didn't know how to do, like get rid of the "prove you're not a robot" thing in my comments. She is a great friend.


It even looks perfect with the new color I think I am going to do in the sun room!


It just makes me feel good, to think of the sweet goodness of some people. I have met so many really genuinely nice people through blogging. I watch a lot of crime shows (Investigation Discovery is one of my favorite channels) and I am so glad that I can balance that with the goodness I have found in fellow bloggers.

Thank you Bunny Jean!!!

Also, thought I'd give you the weather report--Wyatt got snowed on on his way to school today. I guess March has come in like a loin! Hopefully it will go out like a lamb---


Don't forget to stop by the Bunny Hop!

Edited to say: There is a  $25 Scentsy gift certificate giveaway on the Bunny Hop this week!

Scentsy website here

18 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweet friend! It is so pretty! No, you can never have too many candle holders!

Cindy said...

Awwwww, what a sweet gift, and it's so pretty! Looks great in your house. I've met the best people ever since i started blogging!

Cindy

Heirloom treasures said...

How sweet of her,it's lovely.
xx jeanetteann

Bliss said...

That is one pretty little piece and it is is perfect for your home. I'm gonna hop on over and introduce myself to Bunny.

~Bliss~

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

When I saw it... I just had to get it for you! Your posts are such a great addition to all of my parties.

I was curious what it would look like when lit... thanks for taking that picture.

Also, thank you for posting about the giveaway I am having :)

xoxo Bunny Jean

Honey at 2805 said...

What a sweet friend and lovely gift!

Little Leslie said...

I love mercury glass too. The candle holder looks gorgeous lit. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You liked the garden I shot. I'd like to see it later in the season too, but it will be owned by different people.
Take care,
Leslie

Janae said...

It is soooo gorgeous!!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

So beautiful! Looks lovely in your home!

xoRebecca

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment about my 'Ruffled Dropcloth Wreath'. Your blogging friend has great taste! Mercury glass is so versatile - I love it! Have a Wonderful Day.

Grandma Carolee said...

I love all your blogging friends...they give such positive, uplifting, encouraging comments. How good it would be if we all did that to everyone we are in contact with.

Wyatt looked cute all dressed up for school, standing in the snow.

Amy Chalmers said...

I have the exact same mercury votive holder in aqua!

Lady Pamela said...

Your new mercury glass looks amazing when it is lit up. Thank you for showing us.

Nann said...

How pretty is that. I love the mercury glass. Its just beautiful. What a lovely lovely gift from such a warm and gracious gal. I too have come to just love blogging. The most wonderful people are on here including you my dear friend.

Hugs,

Nann

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a lovely gift, Sandy! I used my free quart of paint from Ace on the shelf piece today! The jury is still out on it though. Two coats over black isn't bad, I guess.

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful gift, sandy:) the mercury glass gives off such a romantic glow!-love it!

Anne said...

What a sweet gift.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

I was looking at the new PB items online and
I saw that they have a candle holder almost just like this one! Believe me.... your's was MUCH less! I am SO happy I picked it up for you :)

xoxo Bunny Jean