Monday, March 12, 2012

Our Day

Today was such a relaxing day. We have been having a huge storm here in the Pacific Northwest. You know, like the fence blowing over, garbage cans tumbling down the street, kind of a day. I actually love this kind of day. It seems like it is like a free pass day not to do your usual grocery shopping and all that stuff. My son Gage has been sick for about a week now. Him and I just rested most of the day. He has had a sore throat and now a stuffy  nose. Today he seemed to be feeling better enough to give me a smile, actually he gave me quite a few smiles today. That's a good sign. He is getting back to his old self.



My other son Wyatt said he had a good day at school, other than his short walk from the bus stop to our home he was totally soaked to the skin.


I found this picture on my camera--I am guessing a new Facebook profile picture maybe.

Chantel spends a lot of time playing games on Facebook and talking with her friends on the phone. That is multi-tasking for a 13 year old I guess.
I got a lot of sewing done today--much to my satisfaction. You'll see what I made in a upcoming post.

Then for dinner on a cold and stormy night I thought I would try a recipe for Top Ramen speghetti bake
that everybody loved. My husband had 2 big helpings. You can find the recipe here. It is from At Nann's table and it is really good!



I think Gage and I will have another lazy day tomorrow. Though he is doing better he is suppose to have physical therapy at the swimming pool tomorrow--and I just don't want him to get a chill..quite yet.  I hope the weather will be nice enough to walk with my Mom tomorrow, which I usually do everyday, but I'm not sure because they say we could have a dusting of snow in the morning. Crazy weather.


The dogs have been worried about all of the storm noises!

I am feeling all warm and content in our home with family all around.

Hope you all had a peaceful day too. Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Janae said...

That dinner looks yummy sad I missed out! I love Chantel's shirt. Glad too see Gage smiling he must be feeling better =]

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

so glad that Gage is feeling better -- that is a good thing and thanks for sharing with us all : ) always great to see those two cutie pies also -- my two do not like the storm noises either!

oh the background on my picture was fabric...not wallpaper. i will go back and check my purchases and see if there is any info on it : ) i will let you know if i find something.
hugs...enjoy your lazy day : )

Melanie said...

Glad that your son is feeling better!! Your children are precious! Miss the days when my daughter was at home! I enjoyed this post.

Karen said...

I'm glad your son is feeling better, hope he's as good as new real soon. Maybe the weather will improve soon too.

Lucille said...

So happy that Gage is feeling better. You have a lovely family. It must be wonderful to walk with your Mom! I'm sure she appreciates having you with her! The recipe looks delicious. I might try a smaller portion version of it since I cook for one!

Grandma Carolee said...

Yes, I love walking with you and missed doing so yesterday. My doctor appointment said my heart is fine..just PVC. I hope it only rains tomorrow, without wind, so we can walk with our OSU umbrellas. :-)
So glad that Gage is feeling better...love his beautiful smiles.

Nann said...

Oh Sandy I am so honored and flattered that you put my recipe here on your blog!! You are such a sweetheart!! And I love your photos and that your husband ate two helpings. That is the best compliment. Please thank him for me. Tell him he is now a friend forever (big smile) and of course you have been for quite some time now:)

I do hope things go well for Wyatt. Bless his heart. What adorable children you have. You have a beautiful family Sandy. thanks again dear friend.

Big hugs,

Nann

Nann said...

oops I said Wyatt when I meant Gage. I can't even keep my own kids and grandkids names straight. So sorry about that! Give him a hug for me.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I hope Gage is up and about soon. That spaghetti bake looks delish.

Anonymous said...

I hope Gage is feeling better soon! I think mom resting with him will really make him better!I don't blame you I would keep him home from PT tomorrow.Dinner looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, hope Gage feels better really soon. Your children are so cute and so are the doggies.

Hope the bad weather goes away. I don't like the wind blowing. Makes me nervous.

Have a great day,
Barb

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your dinner looks yummy I will be right over Ok. I'am so Glad too see Gage smiling he must be feeling better. I would like to thank you for your sweet comments on my Hippity" Hoppity". Hope you have a wonderful St.Patrick's Day with your family.
XXOO Diane

rkbsnana said...

Crazy weather here as well. We had our lazy day Sunday...rained all day.
Hope Gage feels better soon. Your kids are so cute