Sunday, March 4, 2012

Free Paint and Weekend Stuff

Did you get your free paint this weekend at Ace? Love their commercial about the purple color. It is so awesome they gave out a free quart!



I had them mix for me "Ocean Falls", a similar color to other colors I have found I like from other bloggers. Maybe a little brighter though.


Hard to imagine what this room will look like in a beachy blue/green color but I am sure it will look much better! The color now just isn't me. It is more Taupe and not so mustard like it photographs though.

The color card shows colors that are similar but maybe a little darker tone. This is 2 coats--I think I will have to prime these walls even though there is primer in the paint. These walls are just too dark. This will be a lot of work--I am hoping that Jerry will want to paint up here for me...


So yesterday Janae, Chantel and I went and picked up a chandelier that Janae found on Craigslist. It is gorgeous! It has blue/green crystals. I love it. I will let her share it. After that, being in Portland, we did some shopping.

I decide if I ever win the lottery I will get these countertops from Ikea...


Made of recycled glass, I love them! I don't love $143.00 per square foot though:(

Today has been such a beautiful day I was able to do some serious yardwork. There are signs of life in my graveyard of a garden! 







Finally!

Gage thought a beautiful day would be a good time for a Sunday afternoon nap..

  
Wyatt and Chantel played on the trampoline...which is what they do almost everyday of their lives.


My kids do own clothes...they just prefer to wear PJ's all the time at home.

Chores today were the dogs had to get bathed.


Looking forward to a new week of being creative..I hope! :)


Thanks for stopping by! Please do let me know what you think of the paint color I am thinking of.

18 comments:

Special 'K' said...

What a great post. I love to hear all about your weekend. I love the colour already. It is going to look so fresh and clean. Don't forget to post some pics for us all to see. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Candy said...

I love the paint color and it will make the room look so much brighter. But, will all your pretty white furniture show up as much as it does now against the darker walls? I WANT that little cabinet next to the door. LOVE IT.
I heard about the free paint, but didn't get over to get mine.
And, I thought I'd somehow run across a pic of my grandson, Jett, when I saw your Gage taking a nap. He looks so much like Jett. I'll have to post a pic so you can see. Love your blog and your pics.

Candy said...

Oh, and YOU can do that countertop. Gather pieces of glass, broken china, etc., glue it down, then grout it. TaDa. That's all it takes........plus alot of time.

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely post,I think the colour will be lovely and fresh.
x jeanetteann

Melanie said...

I love that color! Had considered doing my guest room in a similar color!
Sunday afternoons and pj's go hand in hand at my house! They are so comfortable, love the picture of the kids on the trampoline!

Grandma Carolee said...

Enjoyed this blog so much. It was fun to see what the grandchildren were all doing, and the flowers are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the paint when we walk today.

Karen said...

How did I miss free paint? That color looks so pretty and your flowers are gorgeous.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love the new color of paint! I have so much to paint, too. One room at a time. Can't wait to see your newly painted rooms!

~Shanon

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK, now I feel really bad, I had my ACE coupon and never made it to the store...A mile away! Oh gosh, lets not talk about it LOL!

Carol

Pam Kessler said...

I love the name of the paint - Ocean Falls - sounds so restful. I have the hardest time with paint colors. It never ever looks like what I think it's going to. I'm looking for a similar color for my hall bathroom. I'll have to pick up a color card for it.

Grandma Carolee said...

That new paint color will look perfect...much lighter & brighter.

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, I think the paint color is lovely....it will be so light and fresh!

All your pictures are wonderful....makes one smile.

Barb ♥

lambs and ivy designs said...

I always wore "play clotes" or pjs when I was young...still my favorite thing to stay in my pjs all Saturday!! LOL

Thank you for your sweet comment..I am thinking about teaching a class or two in the fall, thank you for asking friend!

I love your new color..I bet it will be so soft and calm when you get everything painted!

Hugs and happy week!
Dana

Tara said...

Loving the paint, it will be so fresh..xx

Tara said...

Loving the paint, it will be so fresh..xx

Nann said...

Any color you pick Sandy would be perfect because you have great taste and amazing style. I love everything you do. Also thanks so much for taking the time to come to my blog and posting. It means alot.

Hugs,

Nann

Anne said...

Great paint color.I can't wait to do that soon too.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

Those violets in the garden are so pretty. I can't remember, but I think they have a sweet scent.

Where did you get that little aqua flower vase with the wire frog top? I saw those years ago online somewhere.

Oh... that tile is WAY $$$ Even just one for an accent is too much :(

xoxo Bunny Jean