Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Well, who would know that my last post was about a spring snow and this post is about what a beautiful day it is! Actually, I don't even know it it made 60 degrees, but I thinking I am sweating a little bit none the less. It has been awhile since I didn't get a little shiver when I go outside! This feels wonderful.


My primroses survived the snow beautifully! They are such a hardy little flower.


All the flowers are looking pretty good considering what they have been through!



Finally you can smell the Daphne when you walk up to the house, the smell isn't frozen or blown away by wind and rain!


If they make a perfume or house scent in the scent of Daphne please let me know because Janae would want to get it!


The dogs can't decide if they want to go in or out.


I tackled this today--it is no longer this huge mess. This Star Jasmine is right by our patio door--can't wait for it to start blooming and filling the house with scent. The previous owners of this house were so smart about what they planted in the garden and where. I am so thankful to them..I now get to reap the benefits of all they did.


I love being able to bring flowers from the gardens into the house!


The above picture is what I am starting to work on now--I had my husband put this together from pickets I brought over from our other house. It looks so cute, don't you think? Now I have to paint it, distress it, all that good stuff!

I will close this post with a little church down the street from us. I love little old churches!



It is truly a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you..here in San Francisco is freezing almosty 50 Degree...and raining all day long :(

Special 'K' said...

Wonderful! LOve you images. What a beautiful church. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Eileen said...

I love the picket fence. It is going to look so great all painted up and distressed.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your weather changed quickly! I'm so happy your lovely pink flowers made it! All of your flowers are gorgeous! I guess a little snow is good for them!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your primroses look beautiful. I love quaint little churches too. I'm glad you had a beautiful day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Nann said...

All your flowers look so beautiful. It was a beautiful day here too. And I'm actually seeing a bud or two here and there. YES! Maybe Spring has finally arrived. I sure hope so. Love your cute picket fence. It will be darling when its finished. Since you've got all this great energy how about coming down here and painting my front door red.(smile)
Hey I luv ya girlfriend!

Nann

Janae said...

Looks like it's time for me to come get some more daphney lol! I can't wait for it to get warm, your flowers are looking so pretty!

Heirloom treasures said...

Everything is beautiful.
x jeanetteann

Old Red Barn said...

I love the picket fence idea. And that little church is so beautiful! We have a lot of old churches too, but they are brick. I much more like white and wood!

Goedele

Lucille said...

I love the picket fence concept and your flowers are beautiful. Flowers, their colours, their perfume! I find it all so uplifting!

Anne said...

Primroses are one of my favorites.Love that picket fence too.

Grandma Carolee said...

The flowers look beautiful...so glad they survived the cold snow. I think it reached 64 yesterday...loved the sunshine on my back as I pulled weeds. It looked like the dogs were enjoying the sunshine, too.

Bliss said...

Beautiful blooms, but I'm coming for 'ya later if I keep singing Mister Rogers in my head all day!

~Bliss~

The White Pear Tree said...

I LOVE to see flowers coming back in the spring, after a long winter. Lovely post! I love that little church too.

Melanie said...

So glad that your flowers survived!! Glad that you are able to enjoy nice weather too! Loved the pics, especially the picture of the church! Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Lovely post! We had two weeks in a row with warmer than normal temps..this week will be back to normal and cold..Brrr...I like warmer weather. Love the little church picture..it's so quaint!
Thanks for stopping by..I hope you have a wonderful week with nice temps!
Shirley