Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Table ruffles

I am really happy with a new little small table runner I made..more ruffles..whats not to love?!


I started out by taking a white sheet and dying it in the washing machine with this dye.



It came out way too dark--I used the whole package. I realize now I should have only used a little. I wanted a really faint color. So, on the advice of another blogger I bleached it. At first I thought it was too light, but now I think it is perfect!

I started out by ruffling both sides of the middle area...


I was having problems with my ruffler (not sure what the problem is yet) so had to hand ruffle most of it. The way I hand ruffle is to zig zag over a piece of button thread and pull--that has worked better for me than doing a basting stitch.


I sewed on the ruffle and then pulled the ruffles to the center and sewed on a backing...


The ruffles look so pretty on the table!




I found this bunny egg holder at Goodwill and made her a little skirt by tying fabric pieces to a stand I had. I gave her a little bow for her ear too. Flowers from our soaked gardens make the table look even more spring like!


I just can't get enough when it comes to ruffles!

You can see in the background I am starting to paint the sun room!
Thanks for visiting! I so enjoy all your sweet comments:)

12 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I love the color of the table runner. And, that centerpiece... wow, it looks terrific all together. Great job.

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Your runner turned out so sweet!! Love the bunny egg holder :)

Unknown said...

Love lace..and this is so beautiful..I agree you can never have too much lace. I love the color and the final look..very pretty!

Lucille said...

Your ruffled centerpiece turned out very nice. Thank you for showing how you made it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your little ruffle centerpiece, Sandy! I was making a ruffle yesterday, too, and was debating whether or not to sew both lengths for the project it was going to be used on. I love the way the color turned out!

Grandma Carolee said...

I love you ruffled centerpiece with the Easter decorations...it is delightful! Adding the little yellow flowers makes it perfect.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your ruffled centerpiece is adorable! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday. Your participation is always appreciated! Happy St Patrick's Day!

Janae said...

It's so so pretty mom! I just love the color.

Anne said...

That looks so pretty.Love those ruffles.

lambs and ivy designs said...

I love your table runner..and yes the color is perfect!!It make sme think of a soft fluffy cloud..I want to snuggle into it.of course that would be a little awkward at supper!

hugs,
Dana

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So lovely!!!Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Pam Kessler said...

I love that centerpiece on your table. I didn't realize that you made all those ruffles!!! I made ruffles for the ends of a table runner I made (maybe 24 inches total of ruffles) and it about killed me. I need to practice my sewing skills a little more.