Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Eileen!

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. I was so honored that what she wanted to do on her actual day was just come over with her son and hang out with us. Eileen is such a great best friend. She almost became my sister- in- law (engaged to my husbands brother) but that didn't work out. It is okay. Her and her son will always be family to us.


I got some chocolate wine for the occasion and it was delicious. I am afraid I am hooked. 




Chantel made a "sign" in the driveway before Eileen came to welcome her.


Janae came over and brought Eileen these gorgeous orange roses. Eileen's favorite color.


She had a weird request for her birthday "cake". She wanted me to make my double layer pumpkin pie.  You can find the recipe here. Everybody loves this pie so I wasn't too surprised she chose that.


I have known Eileen for something like 10 years. We met at a scrapbooking store. We were both attracted to each others scrapbooking abilities. I knew immediately I wanted to make friends with her. I feed off her creative abilities.  She is the most creative person I know. She is the kind of friend who is always there. When Gage had to have double hip surgery, she was at the hospital everyday bringing me my favorite foods, and supplies to work on projects when I was bored. That is the kind of friend she is. She volunteers feeding the homeless and taking pet food to seniors who need food for their pets. She is the kind of person everybody wants in a best friend!

Eileen with Gage at the hospital


She has a son, Griffin, who is right at the same age as my 3 youngest. He is the light of her life.

On another note..I am so enjoying my new ruffled table runner. Isn't it fun when something you make makes you happy?  Also, I wasn't liking the cheap plastic eggs on my bunny. Janae suggested putting tulle on them to make them look prettier and tone down the bright colors.. She was so right! I think they look great now.


Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Birthday to Eileen! There is nothing better than having a true Best Friend! She sounds like a great person! Take care..

Eileen said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend. Hope you had a great time. It certainly looks like it. I had some chocolate wine last week and it was delicious.

rkbsnana said...

Sounds like a lovely day. It's good to have a friend like her, isn't it?
Gage feeling better?

lambs and ivy designs said...

Orange roses, chocolate and pie!! Now that is no ordinary birtday party!! Being with your friend is a wonderful gift.

Happy weekend,
Dana

Kim Gillian said...

Chocolate wine? YUM! Sounds like you have a wonderful friend. Love the table runner. Have a great week end!
-Kim :)

All Things Chic 2 said...

Another lover of "White"...
I invite you to my home as well... Blessings Lori

Becca Bertotti said...

A great friend ... a birthday ... and chocolate wine equals a wonderful day, for sure! Love your ruffled runner, too!

Grandma Carolee said...

I've only met Eileen a few times, but I absolutely love her! She is kind, thoughtful, generous, creative, intelligent, & beautiful. I'm so glad she is your best friend. You gave her a very loving birthday celebration. The welcome design on the driveway that Chantel made is artistic & beautiful. I'm afraid I'm stuck on that chocolate wine, too. I'm considering chocolate to be a vegetable. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am sure Eileen feels so very blessed to have you as her friend too. How wonderful to make her feel so special and loved on her birthday!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a dear friend to have celebrated your friend's birthday. While I'm here I want to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, they are all food to my soul.

Have a lovely week,

Abby

LifeLessOrdinary said...

I found you on the blog hop hosted by live, laugh, rowe. I'm following you now too. Look forward to delving into your past (posts, that is, ha).

Shasta,
(also a choco-vine lover)

Anonymous said...

Sandy, this is a lovely story and party! What a blessing you two are to each other! Your cake and decorations are fabulous! I do hope Gage is feeling better. I don't think I have ever told you, but I taught Pre-K Special Needs for eight years. I loved every minute! I never had a bad day because of my precious children and parents! I had them for three years. What a blessing!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a great friend Sandy! I didn't know about your son's surgery, hope he's doing well! In your newer post when you said he's feeling better I thought he was sick with a bug.

Pam Kessler said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend! I hadn't heard of chocolate wine before, but now I'm going to have to go find me some!