Monday, March 19, 2012

Painting, Scrapbooking, and Gage

I am having so much fun slowly painting my sun room. I am so excited to make this little walk thru room all about me. It is where all my crafting supplies are, my little hutch I love, my computer..it has really become my area of the house. It makes me happy that now it is becoming a color that reflects me and makes me feel good.

 I decided to paint the wall that is on the dining area side of the sun room too. I think it looks better this way. The color is Harbor Lane--the new paint with primer that Ace Hardware has been advertising. I am really happy with it! I think it is great paint!


I think it makes my chandelier look even prettier to be against this color now. I am going to work more on the sun room tonight. I like doing just a little at a time..that way I don't have to move everything out all at once.

If I was to describe this color I would say it is very fresh and airy.  I think it goes well with the beachy feeling I try to create in our house. I love the beach. I guess it is appropriate my name is Sandy! I love this paint color.

Next I am going to share a scrapbooking layout I did years ago and had forgotten all about. Eileen brought it to me because the company that I used to design for (and that she was the creative director for) wanted to give it back to me because after all these years they didn't need it anymore. There was several layouts I got back but I really love this one...


I remember this day at the beach...I had gotten this outfit for Chantel on Ebay. Isn't it the cutest thing ever? I loved it. I wanted to do a portrait session with her and she was ready. She danced all over the beach and I got probably over a 100 wonderful pictures. Everyone on the beach was watching us..and Chantel was hamming it up. She has so much personality.


I loved how I used the clay to make the title and then filled in the stamped letter part with a glaze that made it look full of water. I also love how I added the little seashells and pink flowers. I used to be quite the scrapbooker! I should do it more now..but now I am always busy painting and sewing. I am going to frame this and hang it in the sun room--the pink will look gorgeous against the aqua of the wall!

It has been so heart warming how many of you have been asking how Gage is. He went back to school today and I think he has kicked this sickness! He came home all giggly...



But soon he was sound asleep...


By the stains on his hands I am guessing he finger painted today. I am always amazed at how brave his assistant is with her art projects she does with him. I am guessing she ended up  covered in finger paints!:)


Thanks for visiting--all the friendships I have made here mean so much!

22 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the color of your sun room and so glad you are getting a room of your own, just the way you want it. Chantels pictures are gorgeous!! the perfect day she will remember forever with those wonderful pictures!

Carol

Janae said...

The paint color is looking so good! Can't wait to see it all done. Those are my favorite pictures of Chantel I just love them.

farmhouse-story said...

your beautiful chandy looks wonderful against the new wall color, sandy:)

love your beach page, and how clever to fill the letters!

your son looks happy and comfy:) glad he feels better!

Melanie said...

That paint is good isn't it? I was pleased too. I love the way that the chandelier looks against the new paint too, the color is perfect.
Loved the scrapbook page, it is so pretty! You are so creative!
Glad that your sweet Gage is feeling better and able to go back to school!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

It's a beautiful color! Happy to hear that Gage is feeling much better ~ it's always hard on us Momma's when are kids aren't feeling well. Today I am going to Lowe's to pick out a color for our bathroom ~ thinking it will be a very soft pale grey, to go with the new grey tiles for the floor.

Saw your daughter's post with her new chandelier ~ It's gorgeous!!

Grandma Carolee said...

Love those photos of Chantel, and of Gage. They are both adorable. That new paint is perfect for your sun room where you do so much creating.

Lucille said...

Beautiful photos of your little girl and I'm so happy that your son is feeling better! Don't we just hate it when our children are ill? That is such a beautiful scrapbooking procedure that you did on that photo! I have a trunk full of scrapbooking stuff and I have never touched it! I really should get to it! You're very talented! That bunny in the window stole my heart!

Karen said...

The color of your dining room is so pretty. I love your scrapbook layout. Chantal's little outfit is adorable.I'm so happy Gage is well.

Lady Pamela said...

Can I ask for your advice? We are looking for a ceiling fan for our DR/LR. Do you have any suggestions?
I love the way you decorate and all the fans in the stores are just not right.
Thanks for your help.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love the new paint color! It is definitely light and airy and so very pretty. Your chandy is gorgeous and love the sweet photos of your daughter. Glad to here your son is feeling better, we've had a virus going around our schools and my youngest caught it.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love the color for your dining room and your tablecloth is Gorgeous!!
Im also happy your son is feeling better now.Thanks so much for your comments on my Easter Tablescape. Hope you and your family have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Barb said...

Sandy, the color is great. I love, love your chandelier! You glad your son is better.

You will have such a 'happy' space.

Barb

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Gage is a cutie...such a great smile! And I'm dying over that chandy of yours. It's gorgeous!

Shasta

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Love that Harbor Lane color, and such cutie children!

Ana said...

Hi Sandy,
Pretty color choice. I bet you will be totally inspired in this room. Love the scrap book layout page...So sweet. Happy first day of Spring.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Heirloom treasures said...

I love your new colour Sandy,it's so fresh.
Chantel looks absolutely delightful,she looks like she had a ball that day. It will look amazing framed and on the wall. More ruffles.

To get your little saying next to your pinterest button. Just go to design on the top of your blog,then Layout then click on where your pinterest button is to edit,just add in your text. I play around with my gadgets etc,so I think that's what I did. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll nip into mine and check what I did. I think that was it though.
x jeanetteann

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a pretty room. Love the paint color too. I had to smile at your last photo with the easter bunny peeking out the window. Cute! Thanks for your visit to my blog.

Danielle

Carolyn said...

It is so nice to have a room of your own! I love the color on the walls too.The beach photos are beautiful.
I hope your sweet Gage is doing well now.
You asked me about David Austen roses and I do love them-they are not always hardy enough for our climate though.I have many different roses in the garden but I think hardy shrub roses work good for me. Last year I was really loving my Polaris rose but Therese Bugnet has done really well here as it puts out some suckers that I can dig up and move around.
David Austen roses make nice bouquets to enjoy indoors so I would always want some of them in the garden.I guess I would have to say I love most roses so it is hard to pick a favorite.

Take care,
Carolyn

Bliss said...

What a sweet little post today! Those beach photos are what memories are made of my dear.

~Bliss~

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Looks like Chantel is ready for a career in modeling. She is a natural -- the photos are so engaging!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment.

Debra

Pam Kessler said...

I'm going to go check out that paint color. I have been looking for something similar to paint my hall bathroom with and it looks perfect (according to my computer screen). Glad Gage is feeling better. Max keeps coming home with markers on him - so far they have washed off him. hope they don't use Sharpie's by mistake.

Old Red Barn said...

Hi

I love your decorating style. So I decided to become a follower.

Smiles from Belgium
Goedele