Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wintery Blue Tablescape

I don't know about the rest of you but I am so enjoying this Tablescape Thursday party just because it gives me an excuse to set a pretty table! It is like playing house. Playing house is so much more fun than actually running a house.
Today I am going to share a table setting I just did with dishes I have had for probably close to 28 years. When I first moved out of my parents house I collected these at a grocery store. I think you had to spend a certain amount and then you would get a free piece or something. Recently when I moved to our new smaller house I almost gave them to Goodwill because I was getting rid of everything. I am so glad I didn't because I think they are so pretty!


Besides that I love the dishes, I am so thrilled to now be the owner of silverware, it is plated but it isn't just stainless steel like is all I have ever had before. (other than a gold plated set I have from my victorian decorating days- I much prefer silver now) I got it on e bay for $7.50 and it is a 50 piece set. The person selling it had terrible feedback and so nobody was bidding on it and so I took a chance and I feel like I scored big time. I am so happy! It came to me in the original box with paperwork and it was all really tarnished. I cleaned these pieces up in a matter of minutes and I think it looks beautiful. I feel lucky.

I love mercury glass--the candlelight coming through it is so beautiful! I am still looking for Looking Glass spray paint. Our local Fred Meyers doesn't carry it, but Ace Hardware is looking into ordering it for me.
For those of you that notice detail..I only have 3 of the pretty blue wine glasses. I have found them one at a time at Goodwill and I am hoping to have a set of 8 someday. I think they are so pretty.
To me this table setting is Christmas colors. Blue, silver, and white..my favorite Christmas colors!

18 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Oh it's all so beautiful and what a great buy your cutlery was. I am thinking of doing those colours for Christmas this year, they are so beautiful. x

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my!.., This is lovely. So icy blue, pretty and refreshing.

Every little detail of your tablescape is simple exquisite and so well and artistically presented!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for those sweetly encouraging words of compliment.

Cheers, blessing and hugs, Wanda Lee

Olivia said...

Oh my heavens this is just oh so pretty it makes me want to come over, have dinner and chat a while! I love the mercury glass and the blues!
Hugs,
Olivia

Anonymous said...

What a nice tablescape and awesome deal on the silverware. Come by for a visit sometime.

Jan @ BellaCasa

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

Your wintery blue table is so inviting. I bet you are so happy that you held onto those dishes - you can always find such nice items at the local grocery store. I love the mercury glass centerpiece! Fondly, Susie

rkbsnana said...

I love the "clean" look of blue.

Unknown said...

I love that color scheme because it's so versatile! Christmas, summer, beach, wedding ... Pretty!

Phyllis said...

Oh, I am a "blue" girl....my favorite color, and also, yellow. I am pretty sure that your china is Johann Haviland China, Bavaria Germany, Blue Garland Rose. I love this pattern and find it on Ebay quite often. Your new silver plated flatware is gorgeous, and you really got a fantastic bargain. Every girl love to fina a treasure at bargain prices! I am most happy for your discovery.

Marilyn said...

Oh wow.. this is BEAUTIFUl.. I love it... SO chic and just totally put me in a winter wonderland..I LOVE it.. I would LOVE if you could link up to my Pin Inspirational Party today pweease.. TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party.html

Latane Barton said...

Very pretty. So elegant to look at, it makes you just want to sit down and enjoy!!

Kathy said...

This is very lovely! I found looking glass spray paint at JoAnnes Fabric and at Hobby Lobby - does splendidly for faux Mercury glass!
This is a very serene table setting,
Kathy

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Hi Sandy, I love how you've combined the blue, white and silver ~ such a refreshing and elegant combination! Very pretty. Your blue goblets are gorgeous ~ I wish you best of luck in completing your set! Happy Tablescape Thursday. :)

Marigene said...

Blue, silver and white does make a beautiful elegant wintery table!

Cindy said...

It's all just as pretty as can be!

Cindy

Sherry said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful...I love the wintery elegance!

Elaine said...

The dishes are gorgeous, and I love the classic style of your silverware. It's all so pretty and I like your chairs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table! Thanks for sharing,Joann

stevenjared0853 said...

Amazing tablescape. I really loved it. The centerpiece looks adorable. Now want to arrange similar one for my friends too. Will throw a party at one of venues in Chicago where will use this tablescape idea. Thanks for sharing.