Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ravioli Lasagna

I am always looking for inexpensive, easy recipes to feed my ever hungry family. I have 1 teenage girl, 2 almost teenage boys and a husband with the appetite of a teenager! My Mom gave me her latest issue of Family Circle magazine and I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.

1 cup frozen loose cut leaf spinach
2 15 oz cans Chef Boyardees Beef Ravioli
1 can (14.5 oz) Hunts diced tomatoes, drained well
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese

Directions: Preheat oven to 375* Spray 8x8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place spinach in microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 minutes-squeeze spinach dry. Combine Ravioli, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning in microwave safe bowl. Cover in plastic wrap and microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is hot. Combine cottage cheese, spinach and black pepper in another bowl. Place half of the ravioli mixture in bottom of baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Okay--as you can probably tell from the picture I used a lot more cheese than they called for. I love cheese..especially in a lasagna type dish. I also upped the ingredients a bit to make a bit larger dish for my hungry family. I thought it was easy to make and really a great dinner for kids. My only complaint would be a sink full of bowls! It was really quite yummy. It took a short time to make and was devoured within minutes!
This kid approves!

8 comments:

Janae said...

That looks really good I wish I would have been invited to dinner! lol

Unknown said...

Tia would love that...thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sandy ~
I'm always on the look out for recipes. My husband and son eat like horses! :)
We are pasta lovers so I will try out this recipe, Thank you for sharing! I love the look of your blog.
It's Friday yay!
Hugs Rosemary...x

rkbsnana said...

Cute kid. Gotta' try that recipe when grandkids come over.

Jennifer Grenko said...

Sandy, thanks for coming to visit my blog! I really love your beautiful photos of your home and I am so glad that you're decorating for Christmas so I can enjoy your pretty aquas and silvers!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that looks great! Thank you!

Carol

Latane Barton said...

What... no lasagna noodles? It does look very yummy and must have been ... happy smiles abound.

Latane Barton said...

What... no lasagna noodles? It does look very yummy and must have been ... happy smiles abound.