Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lace on the Bed

I love lace, and have been pretty into my new lace technique I have been doing on furniture. I decided to do a little on my bed. I figure it won't cost a penny and if I don't like it I can just paint over it. Here is how it turned out...
I am quite happy with it. I have always wanted a hanging roses applicate in this spot but I am really liking this for now.
First I taped it and painted it blue

Then I added some newspaper so the spray paint wouldn't get everywhere
Then I used removable spray glue on the back of the lace, put it up and sprayed over it. I like to use flat white Krylon because it dries really quickly
After removing the lace and tape and newspaper I thought it looked quite lovely!

Also, around here it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas...I just can't help myself!



 Thanks for stopping by my blog!

17 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

I really like the LACE look too. It looks lovely on your headboard, like the blue that matches the wall.

Thanks for adding this to my Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Janae said...

Looks great mom!!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Oh, your headboard is really pretty now. I would never have thought to use lace to spray paint.

Honey at 2805 said...

The bed is gorgeous and your bedroom lovely!
Thanks for linking this pretty post to Potpourri Friday!

rkbsnana said...

Beautiful. Your blog background suits your blog content so well.

Karen said...

That looks beautiful, your bed was pretty before but that really added to the whole look of the space.

Heirloom treasures said...

I am so in awe of your beautiful decorating. You have so inspired me to do a white and silver and blue Christmas this year and this post has just confirmed it. The little doll in the sled is so adorable,I am going to go and dress mine the same. I went out shopping this morning and bought silver decorations as I only have red,green and gold from other years. Thank you for sharing. Oh and also I love your lace idea on the bed. xx

Catrinel said...

It looks great. I am sure that i will try this.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

How pretty! I love your all white bedroom.

hugs
Sissie

we three dogs and me said...

I'm in love with your bedroom.Love what you did with the lace. The lamp shades and pillows. Can I say again I love it/

G Inspires said...

It looks very nice!

TRICIA said...

Everything looks so comfy and cozy!!!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Wow! The final result is so elegant. I don't think I would be brave enough to use spray paint right in the room -- you make it look so easy.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

Passionate for White said...

Such a nice touch!

Tisha Clapp said...

Love the lace - I've seen this technique on dresser drawers, but I this adds a great touch to the bed! Nice coffee filter lamp shade too!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love it!

One Purple Dandelion said...

That is beautiful!!