Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Jolly Old Elf

Usually every year I try to force myself to wait until the day after thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas but this year I think I just can't wait.  For one thing it is my first year in this house so it is exciting to decorate here. Also, it is my first year that I am a blogger at Christmas time which I think just adds more fuel to the fire of my decorating desire.
As many of you can probably guess I don't do the traditional colors. I thought today I would share a white Santa that I have had since Janae was a little girl. It is probably 20 years old at least but I still think he he is adorable!


 I can't wait to get out the rest of my Christmas stuff and start going through it. I want so badly to find some Krylon Looking Glass spray so I can make some mercury glass looking items myself. Anybody know where to find some besides E-bay? Hate to pay the shipping.
I'm guessing I'm not the only one heading for the attic to get down the Christmas stuff.
Have fun!!

9 comments:

rkbsnana said...

Goodness, he looks alive in that last picture. Love it.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Not sure if you have Hobby Lobby by you, but I think I saw it there ~ Not Positive, but worth a try....

Donna said...

No, you certainly aren't the only one who is in a Christmas state of mind! I started making a few ornaments today to take to my booth. It's never too early, I say! And you will love all of the wonderful Christmas inspiration here in blogland! It's almost overwhelming:)

Bunny Jean said...

I never even got all my Halloween stuff out... Tried transition to Thanksgiving today and gave up. Too many boxes and too little space in this new home... I am no way near ready for Christmas.

Your white Santa is a cutie! Has a twinkle in his eye...

Maybe Fred Meyer will have that paint. I miss Freddy's!

Thanks for sharing your Santa at my Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

A Vintage Vine said...

I am excited to decorate too, love the Santa!

Latane Barton said...

I am soooo ready myself to decorate for Christmas. Now, you've really got me in the mood.

WhyCuzICan said...

Darling all white Santa :)

I miss Freddies too (originally from Portland, now in midwest)

Visiting from Bunny Jean's BUNNY HOP Wed. Linky party,
Smiles, Suzanne in NW IL

Sherry said...

I started making Christmas gifts in September (smile). I'm new to blogging and with all of this inspiration I'm anxious to get started. I'm a new follower, I would appreciate a visit whenever you have a chance. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com

Geneva said...

I think it's just fine to start your decorating early... I've done it a lot in the past, especially when I knew I was going to be entertaining a lot. Your santa really looks sweet! Thank you for sharing your Christmas inspiration.