Thursday, November 24, 2011

Entryway Sitting Area

I recently found a chair at Goodwill that I really like. I got it for 9.99 and I always need extra chairs so I was happy. I decided to use it in the entryway as a place for people to sit and take off their shoes. (yes, I am one of THOSE people who has light colored carpet and asks everyone to take off their shoes) I like this chair because of the cane back and the highness of the back.
This is what it looked like after I was done. I decided to paint it with a handmade blue chalk paint. Took me forever to get the color right but I am happy with it. The velvet on the seat is a antique french damask. (it is a reproduction I'm sure)
This is what it looked like when I got it. It is from Broyhill furniture and has a date of 1929. It had several layers of covers on it--which I left because it just makes it more interesting to the next person who re-does it! Of course who would ever want to change what I did? LOL
Nate is always saying to frame fabric as a piece of art. I like this but since it has convex glass I want to add like an antique brooch, and maybe some old lace. I am so happy with how this little area turned out!

I am taking a break from making Thanksgiving dinner to do this post..so better get back to it. Happy Thanksgiving to all..I am so thankful for the fun that my blog has created for me and the awesome people I have met!

7 comments:

rkbsnana said...

There is something peaceful looking or maybe pleasant looking is what I mean about the chair and the frame above it. You do everything so nicely.

Heirloom treasures said...

I like this little corner so much,I don't think anyone would want to get up after sitting there. x j

Grandma Carolee said...

Love how this looks. It will be so nice for Dad to be able to sit down to take off his shoes.

Honey at 2805 said...

What an adorable corner! The paint, fabric and pillow are wonderful. Thank you for linking this lovely post at Potpourri Friday!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

That corner is beautiful, love the shade of blue you did and the fabric is so pretty! Visiting from 2805!

Unknown said...

So pretty

Sherry Hicks said...

This is so pretty, and what a pretty blog you have! I am a new follower.
Sherry