Tuesday, November 15, 2011

White Therapy

I came across a online article the other day through another blogger that I found so interesting. It is all about color therapy and healing with color. I have been so at  peace since I have moved to my new house and decorated with so much white, that I really believe what it says to be true. Trust me I have many many reasons to be completely stressed out, but I have such wonderful surroundings, I have learned to let things just roll off me and I am genuinely happy. I think I am experiencing white therapy!
The article says the color you pick is a form of self expression and personality. White it says has perfect balance and harmony, the color of the awaken spirit. Preference for white points at many things--the ones that struck me as so true for me are purity, cleanliness, freshness, simplicity, and truth. A new start in life for me in so many ways. I think white is a symbol of this.
Other colors I am drawn to and decorate with are blue (dreamy and magical, peace and rest) and Turquoise (relaxes sensations of stress). Silver (my favorite metal color) is female energy color, neutralizes negativity, heals hormone imbalances and is the color of psychic abilities.
No wonder I am doing so well--I think I have picked the right colors to surround myself in! You can check out this very interesting article here.

12 comments:

rkbsnana said...

That makes perfect sense to me. All your things are so pretty.

michele said...

i think some of us are just afraid to admit that white is our favorite color for fear we will seem boring or vanilla. but i happen to think vanilla is highly under-rated!!!

michele

Heirloom treasures said...

Those are my favourite colours too. I am decorating with blue and white and silver for Christmas this year. They are calming and restful,I agree,and I love your beautiful home xx

Grandma Carolee said...

This is so interesting! I've always loved red and thought it represented joy and energy.

Marigene said...

I love white, but in other's homes...I really like color too much to go all white.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love blue and white too. Always seems so soothing to me.

Cindy said...

Oh Cool! What a fascinating post. I'll go read the article now. Rings true though... I find colors affect me deeply.

Cindy

Renee said...

Great post. I , too am drawn to white and blue and silver and my home is full of those colors. Can't wait to read the whole article. Thanks for sharing!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I love all the same colors as you! I'll have to check out that article. I do get such a sense of peace with white...

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful relaxing Christmas decor!!! You've inspired me to get going!!! I'm seriously impressed!!! I thought I was already following you, but for some reason wasn't!! I'm now your newest follower FOR SURE!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

we three dogs and me said...

I too am drawn to blue white and silver.That was my plan for this xmas. You have so many beautiful things. Love your bathroom.

summerland cottage said...

Sandy your blog is beautiful!
I Love all the Tiffany blue with white and silver and the powder room came out charming!