Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coming soon..Roses!

I am really excited for spring. I think from what I have read most of us bloggers have "spring fever".
I so look forward to having roses in my yard again like this one from last year...


What fueled my excitement is I recently received the handbook of roses from David Austin Roses. Oh, how I love their roses!


My sweet Mother gave me the money to buy myself a Eden climbing rose. I can't wait for it to come--I have been wanting that rose for several years after seeing it year after year on Cindy's blog (from My Romantic Home).  Recently I have seen the same rose on other blogs and I knew I needed it for my garden. Thanks Mom for making it happen:)


I am going to plant that Eden Rose right outside my bedroom window.

Eden rose will be planted here
After receiving the handbook I think I am falling in love...


This rose is called falling in love and the description says...

"This has large, classically shaped flowers of warm pink and porcelain white. The blooms last a long time and so are good for cutting and bringing in the house. In the garden they are borne on a sturdy, bushy plant. It has a delicious rose and fruit fragrance."

Are you in love too? I think the kids might need to get me this one for Mothers day!

Are you planning on getting any new roses this year? 

Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Cindy said...

You're gonna love your Eden rose... she grows really fast, and will bloom her little self all over the place!

Cindy

Ana said...

Hi Sandy,
I bet you're so exciting about getting your climbing rose and getting it planted. Spring is just around the corner and before you know it your little trellis will be filled with beautiful roses. Sweet.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

rkbsnana said...

My mom was a rose grower, me not so much. Good luck. They are lovely.

farmhouse-story said...

you can never have enough roses, right?:) i'll go check eden out--don't have a climber and she's gorgeous! sweet trellis, sandy:)

cathy@home said...

I would love a rose archway in my garden.I Love the colour pink.

Kim Gillian said...

I love roses, I think I'll have to try this one, they are beautiful!!

-Kim :)

Melanie said...

That is a lovely idea to have the roses right outside of your bedroom window!! You will enjoy that!

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful roses... spring, hurry up and get here!!

Julie L. Light said...

I need rose bushes in my life again! I'm planning on buying some bushes soon. Not sure what kind but they will be pink, for sure :) I've had good luck with roses in the past, I think the right light in really important...
Have a fabulous day!
Julie

Eileen said...

Gorgeous i think i have to save my money for those delicious eden roses!!
Eileen@cottageneachhouse

Amy Chalmers said...

I planted an eden rose too last year, and am excited to see how it will do.

Pam Kessler said...

I don't have any climbing roses yet. I'll go check out the Eden one. Love the color of it!