I have read a lot recently on blogs about how blogs are getting so commercialized and not as personal as they used to be. I have really found in my short experience as a blogger everyone to be so nice and I feel like I am making wonderful friendships. I enjoy making friends online. I have seen this done on other blogs and so you can get to know me better...here is 25 random things about me!
1. I am the oldest of 3 children, with a younger sister and brother
2. I was married 12 years to my first husband, who is Janae's biological father. I still consider relatives from that relationship to be family. My first husband is named Jerry, and my husband now is Jerry. I always joke I have always been married to Jerry.
3. I have been married 15 years to my husband. He is 10 years younger than me.
4. As a teenager and young adult I worked as a Podiatric assistant (feet)
5. I made mohair Teddy Bears and was featured in Teddy Bear Review magazine in the late 1980's
6. I had a miscarriage before having Chantel, and found out when Chantel was 7 months old I was pregnant with identical twin boys
7. We didn't know Gage was disabled until he was 9 months old and wasn't progressing as Wyatt was
8. I owned a Dairy Queen for over 20 years. I love Dairy Queen! Starting at about 4 years old Janae worked at Dairy Queen with me, she always insisted on wearing a managers shirt.
9. I have a tattoo of my four kids' names wrapped around my ankle intertwined with roses
10. I make myself do housekeeping chores and reward myself by allowing myself to spend time working on a crafty project
11. I have been published many times in scrapbooking magazines and was quite involved with the industry (design teams etc.) for many years
12. I use to show and breed Silver and Golden Persians. I had a kitten that was used in a Friskies advertisement
13. We had a pet alligator named "Gatorade"
14. I walk 2 miles a day with my Mother
15. My favorite drink is unsweetened ice tea. My favorite alcoholic drink is Long Island Iced Tea
16. My favorite color has always been pink though I am recently infatuated with aqua.
17. Even if I won the lottery I would still shop at thrift shops
18. My favorite TV shows are "Criminal Minds", "A Gifted Man", and "Unforgettable"
19. I am very interested in the paranormal and Wyatt and I love to watch "My Ghost Story" and paranormal investigation shows together. Chantel refuses to even be in the room when we are watching them.
20. I love to listen to music from the 1970's
21. I am in love with Nate and my husband says that is fine since Nate is gay
22. The thing I most miss with this bad economy is eating out...I love restaurant food!
23. I crave beets and green olives and keep both in the refrigerator at all times
24. I believe some people who aren't actually your blood relatives can be just as much family as someone who is a blood relative
25. Sitting in front of a warm fire on a clear night, with people I love, a cold beer, and a dog or two at my feet, is what heaven on earth is to me
Well, now you know me so much better! Anything surprise you? Do we have anything in common? I would love to learn more about you too:)
Thanks for visiting !