Sunday, February 26, 2012

Aqua Crystals!

I have been obsessed recently with the color Aqua. I have always liked it but I have seen so many beautiful shades of it recently that I have decided I really want to paint my sun room Aqua. I also want to accent with more pops of Aqua. Don't get me wrong--I still love everything to be clean and white, it just makes the Aqua look all the more beautiful.

I have several projects I want to do with Aqua crystals. I had seen some beautiful antique chandeliers that had aqua and opaline crystals. I have to be reasonable about what I can find, and what I can afford, so I went looking for some pretty yet affordable crystals. I was so pleased to find http://www.cristalier.com/.
They have so many beautiful crystals and so affordable..in many different colors, including Aqua!


I wanted to see how pretty they would be and if they would be the right color to go with my other obsession right now, blue Mason canning jars. I contacted the company and asked them if I could buy just one and pay a reduced shipping because the shipping is $10--no matter what the size of your order. So they took my address and said they would look into it. Two days later I was so thrilled to receive this crystal and a pen! You might think it is funny to be excited about a pen, but I always love a new purse pen. :) And the crystal--it is beautiful! It is the perfect Aqua color. I can think of many many projects that would be beautiful with these crystals! I thought it was so awesome that this company sent me these at no charge, and it makes me think that they have a really great customer service department. Sometimes that is hard to find these days!





You can see how beautiful the color goes with the blue of the Mason jars! I love them!

I found this at Goodwill a few weeks ago...


Can you see my vision?  Not so pretty now, this is going to be gorgeous when I get done with it after I get some more Cristalier aqua glass crystals. Stay tuned!

I'll end this post with a darling little watering can I got at our local thrift store for $1. My husband put some holes in the bottom so I could use it for a planter. Isn't she cute?


Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

cathy@home said...

Are you going for snow and ice..

beachcomber said...

the crystals are such a pretty colour!
x

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh these crystals are so pretty. I've been adding this color to my livingroom and posting about it. It's contagious and you won't be able to stop.

hugs
Sissie

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Gorgeous! I love your aqua crystals and can't wait to see your candlestick transformation.

Lisa

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Those crystals are sooo perfect for you, and how great that the company sent one for you for free!! It's nice that there are places out there that will do that still ~ great candleholder you found! I know it will be beautiful once you work your magic on it :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Bliss said...

I can't say that I have ever seen aqua color crystals before, but they sure add a pretty pop of color.

~Bliss~

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love your new planter! So gorgeous. The aqua crystals are so pretty, I love the color.

~Shanon

Anne said...

Love those crystals.I really like adding that color in my decor too.It is a pretty fresh color.I will adding a bit here and there as the weather warms up.

Amy Chalmers said...

Its gonna be pretty ~I know it!

Latane Barton said...

Love the watering can!! and the crystals. I once had a crystal chandelier in my dining room. It made the entire room look so elegant.

Pam Kessler said...

The aqua looks really nice against all the whites. Sort of airy looking.

Cindy said...

She is a cute watering can! And those blue crystals are enchanting... !

Cindy

T. Emrich said...

I'm starting to really like the aqua as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Your newest follower :)

Heirloom treasures said...

Gorgeous Sandy, must check them out.
xx jeanetteann Looking forward to seeing your new project finished

Anonymous said...

Sandy, everything you decorate is gorgeous! I can't wait for the reveal on the candlestick! I love these crystals. Thanks for sharing the source!

Janae said...

So Pretty! I want some too!

rkbsnana said...

I've been in love with aqua for some time. Sweet crystals.

Unknown said...

I think the aqua crystal matches perfectly with your mason jars...how kind of them to send you the free items.

Lori said...

You have been tagged...have fun!
http://www.bleak2unique.com/2012/02/blog-tag.html

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

The aqua really does good beautifully with all your white. A nice pop of color!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, the crystals are so pretty...such a gorgeous color. I have this color as an accent in my living room. So soothing.

Love the watering can, too.

Barb ♥