Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yearning for Spring

I am so anxious for spring and all the flowers it brings! While Chantel and I were at Walmart tonight I made her go with me to check the barren garden center. She said "Mom, it is still freezing outside!" I know she is right..but there were some primroses and some pansies..not my favorite flowers but at least something was out there! This week we are suppose to have some decent weather. Hopefully I'll be able to spend some time cleaning up the yard and getting ready for these flowers I am longing for.
Until then I look back at pictures from last year and look forward to the coming season!




I have a little "proud Mom" thing to share too...Wyatt received student of the month for perseverance. Wyatt has a high IQ, but for reasons probably due to the premature birth of he and Gage, he struggles with getting things done quickly. So he has to put a lot more time into it than some of the other kids. But he works hard and that is why his teacher gave him this award. I'm so proud of him.


Thanks for visiting--have a great day!

13 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh this is such a pretty post! thanks for sharing the upcoming SPRING!!!! i am anxiously awaiting!!! CONGRATS to you son!!! YEAH!!!! your daughter is spot on...it's freezing : ) LOL!!!! hugs to the little Janae -- how precious! enjoy the day...sending visions of flowers blooming in the garden...hugs

Unknown said...

You have every right to be proud and the share the moment with us..Good Job Wyatt! and yes, it's freezing and my thoughts are also on spring and all the flowers it will bring! Counting the days..

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Congratulations Wyatt!! Way to go!! He looks so proud holding his Award :)

It's been feeling like Spring here in Michigan ~ yesterday's temps' were up around the low 50's, and it's suppose to be in the 40's for the next several days!! It's been a really strange winter so far...no snow for quite some time, then we get hit with a lot of it...warms up and goes away....get hit with more snow...and again, warms up to melt it away ? I'm not complaining, lol, as I don't particularly like snow :)

Have a great day!
Warmest hugs, Brenda

Grandma Carolee said...

Please tell Wyatt that Grampa & Grandma are so proud of him!

The flowers are beautiful...especially love the flowers boxes.

Looking forward to sunshine & warmer weather for gardening!!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, your pictures are lovely...I love spring!

Wyatt is adorable.

Barb

outjunking said...

I always said when my boys were little and it's still true that when they breathed I breathed. I know how swelled your heart is with pride and rightfully so!
Lisa

Unknown said...

I'm ready for spring too , even though we have had a mild winter. I don't like winter . but I love the other 3 seasons !

Amy Chalmers said...

Great job Wyatt!! I loved his smiling face holding his award!

Jennifer said...

Can't wait for spring too here in Penna. 60 degrees last two days. :)
Congrats to your son!


new follower! Come see me! www.jenndiggs.com/blog

Candylei said...

I have been doing the same at the hardware/garden centers...in a few weeks they tell me they will have roots and tubers!! Can't wait!
Congratulations to Wyatt! ;-)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I too am yearning for Spring. Hubby and I went to Lowes for Bead board on Sat. I so wanted to say let's check out the garden area. Then I thought, Jann, don't be silly, it's only January (almost Feb.) I decided I'd wait till next trip. Congrats to Wyatt!
Hugs,
Jann

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, look at those window boxes! Are they yours??? They're gorgeous! And congratulations to your son for his award!

Cindy

Candy said...

Love your blog. It's got me wanting to plant some flowers too. I have barrels in front of my shop. Can I still put pansies and primroses out??? Not too late???

I'll be back.