Saturday, February 4, 2012

Junk Sisters show--so much fun!

Janae and I went to the Junk Sisters show in Hillsboro, Oregon tonight and we had so much fun! We had been looking forward to it for so long and we had just as much fun as we thought we would have. When surrounded by all this stuff you just adore..it is hard to not get a bit excited. The admission gets us in for tomorrow too, so I think we will head back over there. Just in case there is anything new, or just in case we missed a treasure!
Here we are ready to go...

Then we were there...


Janae got this beautiful wall chandelier that you can't tell how awesome it is in the pictures--but I am sure she will post about it later when she has it in her house somewhere...
It has some pink and green to it, and is dripping with crystals...so beautiful!


 This little pup was so adorable..reminded me of my sweet Itsy Bitsy who is in puppy heaven now.


Then we saw this mirror and I knew...

The look on Janae's face in the above picture is her "I've got to have it Mom" look. Again, the picture doesn't do it justice..it is so pretty!

I thought this sign was so funny...and so appropriate for this economy!

I loved this little "old lady cart" (that's what I call them anyway--not sure what you are suppose to call them!) with it's darling liner. My Mom got me one of these and I am very inspired now to make it as cute as this one!

There was so much to see...
There is me in the mirror! Love that bag.

I took lots and lots of random pictures..and if we go again tomorrow I may take more..so stay tuned for more Junk Sisters show in Hillsboro!

 Thank goodness we were able to fit everything into the car!

Thanks for visiting--Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Janae said...

So glad we went! I had a lot of fun!! :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You girls were just having too much fun. I see you took their advice to "spend it like you got it!"

Love that mirror too and that chandelier is 2die4.

hugs
Sissie

Grandma Carolee said...

Loved the pictures of your fun shopping trip...made me smile. Almost felt like I was there with you. You both looked adorable. :-)

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Looks like you girls had a lot of fun! I too would have snatched up the chandelier and mirror your daughter bought! Those are gorgeous ~ can't wait to see her post with them in her lovely home.

Be sure to post more pics if you ladies go back today :)

Today hubs and I are going to Olive Garden for lunch (LOVE that place!), and there's a Goodwill store near it that I haven't been to in a while, so we'll HAVE to stop in there and take a quick look around :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Amy Chalmers said...

oh boy, I love that wall sconce~it does look fab! you both look so cute with the purses you made!!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

It looks like you and Janae had lots of fun and found lots of great goodies! I wish I could go there. I love the mirror Janae found.

~Shanon

Chubby Chieque said...

Looks you had a great time.

I rather call "Shopping Cart" rather than old lady cart §;-)

TY for sharing your great day.

Greetings from freezin Stockholm,
/chie

ShabbyESP said...

I love the picture of the both of you with your cute totes!!!
Looks like you had fun!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Unknown said...

It looks like you both work so well together...or should I say SHOP together....and you both are so adorable..nice haul ladies....
~Shirley

Cindy said...

You two both look so cute! The whole thing must be crazy fun, and both of you look up to the task! Can't wait to see everything in it's new place in your homes!

Cindy

Heirloom treasures said...

Great pictures Sandy, what a great place to have nearby. Can't wait to see what you do with your finds.

You wouldn't believe it,You know how I got the ivory ruffled bed skirt. I just went back onto overstock.com and realised I was so excited about finding one,I hadn't scrolled down far enough,and the white ones were there. Well never mind,I realised my curtains are cream anyway.
x jeanetteann

farmhouse-story said...

this looks WAY fun! love the cart!

Passionate for White said...

Now that looked like FUN. And you two ladies looked great!!

Melanie said...

Just found your blog, I love it! You hooked me with this post and the picture of the precious puppy! I am now following you. The picture of this baby reminded me of my sweet Gigi, who is in puppy heaven now too! She even had a sweater like the one in the picture!