Monday, April 23, 2012

Time for Pink

I have been having a want to add a little pink to my house. I think it is the spring flowers showing their faces, the nice weather...I am not sure. My favorite color all my life has been pink.  Though I do not use it too much in decorating, I feel the need lately to add little touches of it.

Here is my latest project...


I was inspired by Lynn at Shabby Story here. Even though it is totally a different kind of clock it gave me the inspiration (and courage) to take this old clock apart and make it something I love. For many years this little clock from Target has been our friend--sitting on one of our fireplace mantles in our previous house. I can't even imagine the number of times I have looked at this clock to check the time. It used to look like this...


For many years this clock went perfectly in our home. But now that I am making my creative space in the sun room more girlie I needed this clock to be a different color.


I am happy with the new look!

Today was another beautiful day! It was 82 degrees--broke the temp record for this date. Last record for this date was 79 degrees, 30 years ago! So we may be on a roll now:)

I didn't get too much done in the yard though. I am such a wimp when it comes to temperature. I think I had heat stroke or something. I had been gardening for about a half hour and then almost fell over. I was seeing weird colors and stuff. I couldn't stand up. I called for the kids and Wyatt came and helped me to my bedroom--turned on the ceiling fan full blast and brought me a large glass of iced tea. I was feeling better pretty quickly. I was frustrated because I wanted to get more done! I went back out but the minute that sun hit me I felt dizzy again. Last year I did all the gardening the last couple hours before the sun went down. I think I will have to stick to that. It is so weird though because I do fine walking with my Mom even on really hot days. Maybe it is the getting up and down with gardening. I don't know. I worked a little in the evening and was just fine.

The kids and I did walk to Walmart.  Chantel and Wyatt pooled their money to buy a Slip 'n Slide. They seemed to enjoy it. I think it will be a summer favorite! A great way to cool off. Of course, you won't see me trying that:) Slippin' and Slidin' is not good when you're 47!



This evening we finished off  our summer like day roasting hotdogs on the back patio. Ever since the kids were babies they have liked doing that. We also made smores. This is about as close to having a camp fire as we get:)



Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

Janae said...

The slip and slide looks fun! Duke looks so cute in the last picture! Hope your feeling better, I bet it is just the heat you have always been sensitive to it. Goodnight I'll call you tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

I cant believe it is the same clock..so pretty and fresh
xoxo
Rasha@mychampagnetaste

Unknown said...

Så fin :) Blev ju en helt ny klocka. Soo nice, it look as new ( my Englisch is not so good, hope you understand) Hugs Fiddeli

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
I love your clock turned pink!!! It's fabulous!
You be careful out there in the heat. My husband plays golf and had had a few heat exhaustion episodes, so take care.

Your kids look as though they are really enjoying the water slide.

hugs
Sissie

rkbsnana said...

The clock is fabulous and the kids look like they're having a blast. I think you had a blood sugar drop? Eat before working. Good job Wyatt!!

Grandma Carolee said...

Really like the clock painted pink! I felt dizzy working out in the yard planting flowers yesterday too. For me it is the getting up & down...dizziness caused by low blood pressure. Since I love warmer temps. I wanted to open all of the windows, but Dad wanted to close them to keep the house cool. It looks like Chantel & Wyatt had a fun "summer-like" day. Makes me smile.

farmhouse-story said...

i just love the clocks new look, sandy! such a huge change! take care in the garden heat-i use a mister bottle on really warm days, to keep cooler. that slip and slide looks like great fun!

Melanie said...

Love the pink clock!! Heat exhaustion is serious stuff!! Please be careful, make sure to drink plenty of water when you are working outside and take it easy!!

Angela Richardson said...

I'm loving the pink clock what a great transformation.
Slip and slide sounds like great fun, trouble is it's 46F here and raining today. Just a little heat would be nice.
Have fun and thanks for your visit.
Hugs, Angela.

Lucille said...

Hi Sandy! Do you wear a hat when you're out in the sun? You should always wear a sunhat. It makes a huge difference. And pace yourself. That's important also. We had snow here last night and we're expecting some more. I'm in Ottawa, by the way!

Old Red Barn said...

I suppose it's the getting up and down when gardening, combined with the heat, maybe a low blood pressure? And Lucille is right, the hat makes a difference. My husband and oldest son have the same reaction when not wearing a hat.

I wish we had such nice temperatures. The weather in April in Western Europe is awful: rain rain rain and chilly.

The clock looks great. What a transformation!

Goedele

Unknown said...

Love,love,love the clock. What a wonderful transformation. I also checked out Lynn at Shabby Story. I will visit her again later and join her blog. So much talent here..I sure wish I too, could slip and slide..but not at my age either! LOL! Great post! Hi to your mom..

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Hi Sandy,

I loved your clock! I love pink it is my favorite color too. I definitely wouldn't slip n slide. LOL... I might break something... but it still looks fun.

Blessings to you,
Amy jo

Lucille said...

Sandy, I came back to tell you how much I love your clock in pink You did a fabulous job on it. I had to rush off when I wrote my first comment and I was sitting on the bus when I remembered I had forgotten to mention your clock. It's fantastic!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Cute clock!! Much better pink & white :) Your kids look like they had a fun day ~ it's amazing how some parts of the U.S. were having nice warm weather, and over on the east coast they got hit with a major snow storm...crazy!! I checked out Janae's bedroom post, and LOVE it!!

Janet said...

I really like how your clock turned out! Since I live in the dessert, I can only garden in the morning or evening during the summer. Be sure to drink plenty of water!
Blessings,
Janet

The Polka Dot Closet said...

First, Lynn has the best blog!! I cannot tell that is the same clock!! I am totally keeping my eyes open for one. I think the difference between working in the garden and walking is that you are not moving and it is one constant hot ray. I have always done my yard work at dusk here in Orlando in the summer, it is just to hot!

Carol

Bliss said...

Time for s'mores!

~Bliss~

Sandi said...

Your clock looks lovely with it's new makeover. Just perfect!!
Slip n' slide would not be good for me at age 53 either. :)I do enough of that without actually trying too!! lol
Blessings~

Sandi said...

Your clock looks lovely with it's new makeover. Just perfect!!
Slip n' slide would not be good for me at age 53 either. :)I do enough of that without actually trying too!! lol
Blessings~

Cindy said...

Love love the cute little pink face on the clock! It's totally transformed. I think i want to paint a clock face pink now!

Cindy