Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Look what came today!

I am so excited. Awhile ago I ordered a climbing Eden rose from David Austin roses. They said it would be sent when fear of freezing in our area was over. So I guess that means no more snow for us!


Today when coming home from my daily walk with my Mom there it was sitting by the front door. I thought they might send me an e-mail saying it was on it's way or something..but they didn't. I am so excited to have this rose.

Here is what it looks like when I opened the box...


I have never ordered a bareroot rose before but it seems it looks healthy to me! I have the roots sitting overnight in a bucket of water as the instructions say to do.

I can't wait until the day it looks like this...


It was like Christmas in April...because also at the front door was my paint sample from Home Depot. I love their no shipping paint samples. They are so great for making into chalk paint and doing projects with! I wanted this color after I saw Sissie had painted a chair with it. It is called Delicate Blush. I love it!!!


Well, I am off to do some sewing.  I did quite a bit of housework today so I get to reward myself with working on a project. That week I was sick really made me fall behind on the housework. I hate that. It is so hard trying to catch back up. So glad to be almost back to normal. Thank goodness for vitamin C!

Hope this finds everybody enjoying spring (April showers in our case!) and maybe finding time to be creative. Thanks for taking time out to visit!

11 comments:

Old Red Barn said...

I love roses but I've never tried to plant it because they're so fragile. But maybe you have a better climate for roses?

Goedele

blossoms vintage chic said...

Thank you so much for your visit and for following my blog.
I love this post!!!
The Eden Climber is my absolute favorite...I planted them in large pots in my back yard, and love them! Also, can't wait to get to the Home Depot for a jar of that wonderful Delicate Blush...thanks for sharing!!
Take care and happy planting!
Debbie

farmhouse-story said...

what a soon to be beautiful climber! sweet paint color, sandy!

Janae said...

I am excited for your roses to start blooming!

Sherry Hicks said...

I have ordered bareroot before and they will be beautiful, I did see a david austin at one of the places I went looking for blue hydrangeas yesterday and was tempted but did not get now I want to go back. They will be so lovely!! Love the paint color too!!
Sherry

Cynthia said...

I love roses but the deer eat them where I live you wouldn't think they would with the thorns but those rascals eat anything and everything.

Grandma Carolee said...

I, too, am excited that the rose bush came, and am eagerly looking forward to seeing it grow & blossom! The paint is a lovely color. So glad you are feeling better now.

Nann said...

That rose is gorgeous and will look so beautiful in your yard. You can't beat a David Austin Rose. Looking forward to seeing that beauty when its flowers appear. And your chalk paint from Home Depot is such a pretty color..Love it. I don't think I knew that HD carried chalk paint...thats a good thing to know. You sound SO much better Sandy! Glad you're on the up and up!

Nann

Anonymous said...

Sandy, this rose looks like it will be lovely! It's stunning in the picture! A show stopper! I'm glad you're feeling better and I can't wait to see your painting project. The walls in our halls and family room area a delicate blush and I love it because it changes with the sun. Enjoy you day!

Anne said...

Oh not not snow!!!I am over it already.David Austin roses are the best.I had one at my previous home and it was the best rose bush I had.It always looked lush and lovely and I never had black spots with it either.Please share where you bought it.
Best wishes on your painting.I will be starting a project soon.A real biggy.
Anne

Holly Loves Art said...

Thanks for visiting! What a good mail day! Happy days ahead!
Cheers,
Holly