Friday, April 6, 2012

In love with this fabric...

I am so in love with this fabric. I have been pinning it, searching Etsy and Ebay and all over the internet for it, and finally I have it!! To have and to hold. Can you tell I am a little excited?


I just ordered it yesterday and got it today. Who would know that the place that actually had all the coordinating fabrics I wanted would be right here in Portland! It was only $5 to ship though so I still had it shipped rather than driving into Portland. With the price of gas lately shipping isn't such a bad deal anymore. The place I got it from is called The Quilted Castle. Oh my do they have a lot of beautiful fabrics! This fabric line is called Durham Anew Fall '11 by Lecian. You can find it here.

My main plan with this fabric is to make myself a cute shopping cart liner like the one I made for my Mom recently.


I can just picture how cute it will be now.  Here is the plan...


This will be the outside fabric and the inside pocket.


This small rose print will be the lining.


This lattice type print will be for the ruffle.


This dot will be the bows.

This collection also comes with a pink background, or a white background. What I chose is the aqua background. Not sure how it is showing up on your computer screen.

I got enough that if I cut it all out perfectly, I will be able to make 2 pillows and back the back of my built in bookcase with it also. So stay tuned for my upcoming projects with this sweet fabric. :)

I am still battling a cold and fever and pain with my hip. But I am getting better. My Easter bunny projects are not done..I have no energy. My house is a mess too--which drives me crazy. Tonight I want to get my Easter projects done and so I can reward myself with a day of relaxation tomorrow. I just need to "get 'er done". Some chocolate wine should be just the right thing to help me do that.


I hope this finds everyone having a nice Easter weekend!

21 comments:

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Oh, I'm drooling over that fabric. I have some similar from Rachel Ashwell's Simply Shabby Chic line for Target. I cherish it and save every little piece I can after I cut it up for projects. I'm sure your cart liner is going to be GORGEOUS with those fabrics.

I hope you feel better. Happy Easter!

Shasta

Unknown said...

Soooooo prettyyyyyyyyyy..I love all the fabric that you got...I think I will order the big flower and the smaller one..I have to think of a project now lol

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

Those colors are so pretty and will look wonderful in you little shopping cart. What fun it will be putting that all together.

I just adore fabric. I used to be a design consultant for Calico Corners and designed many wonderful bedding sets and wonderful window treatments. Oh... the pillows were the best part with all the coordinating accent fabrics and details. I was always amazed that people would spend 2k and up for bedding.... I know I never have!

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. I didn't know about you bad knees... I bet the cold damp weather doesn't help either ;/

I bet you get more done for Easter than I will. I suffer from laziness... Happy Easter!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Charmingdesigns said...

I love the fabric you chose. Where do you live...outside Portland Oregon??I moved away from Salem 2 years ago for the sunshine of So. Calif

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love your fabric...I am a fabric fanatic too....I don't know what it is just love it a lot...

blossoms vintage chic said...

Hi Sandy,
Just want to thank you for your visit and for following my blog.
So glad to meet you and I am now following you as well!
Love your fabric! I think your cart is going to look wonderful!!
Wishing you a Happy Easter!
Sincerely,
Debbie

Old Red Barn said...

Hi

You could check out the fabric of Tilda (www.tildasworld.com). It looks very similar to the fabric you purchased. I don't know if you can buy it outside Europe, but you could Google on that. I've seen it on Etsy too.

Goedele

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

LOVE the fabric! I am sure it will be FABULOUS and I sure hope you feel better SOON!!!!! Have a wonderful and blessed Easter : ) hugs...

farmhouse-story said...

the fabrics are so sweet, sandy! take care and enjoy your easter:)

Melanie said...

The fabric is lovely! Can't wait to see your finished projects!!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful fabric. I love the colors and patterns. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Grandma Carolee said...

So glad you were able to get that beautiful fabric. Once you get the liner made, it would be fun to shop together with our beautiful carts. :-)
Hope you, Chantel, & Gage are all feeling better today. Looking forward to coloring Easter eggs with you tomorrow.
The photos on Janae's site are the cutest I've ever seen!!

PinkPeony said...

Beautiful fabric color combination, will make a wonderful cart.....can't wait to see it completed.

Nann said...

Absolutley LOVE the fabrics. Your cart is going to be so beautiful besides practical. Honestly I wouldn't actually use it for a cart but just display it prominently somewhere. It will be so darling and everyone needs to see it. REally!!

I'm so sorry you are still so ill. If I lived up that way I'd be there in a flash with chicken soup, and a meal or two for the family plus whatever things you needed. Please DO try and get some rest. I do know how it is with being a mom and all you want to get done for Easter.....but please don't overdo anymore. Your readers here are worried about you.

OK I'll get off my mom soap box. (smile) May the Lords choicest blessings be with you and your family this wonderful Easter weekend.

Big Hugs,

Nann

Lucille said...

I'm so sorry to read that you're not feeling well. I hope you will soon be feeling better. Your fabric is lovely and I look forward to seeing your completed project. I have never heard of chocolate wine! Surely, it's a joke?!! You must mean just plain chocolate but you're saying that it's like wine to you perhaps because you're a chocolate lover?!! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter and I hope your hip pain goes away.

Unknown said...

Oh that is beautiful fabric ! Your shoping basket will be stunning. Have a glass of that chocolate for me , I love that stuff !

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
Wow, what an eye you have for putting together beautiful patterns. Each one is sooo pretty! I cant wait to see it done. Have a Happy Easter (nice bunny biker) and hope you are feeling much better by morning!
~Shirley

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great fabric, and I LUV that shopping cart. Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, feel better soon! I think chocolate wine is perfect! I would do the same thing! These fabrics are lovely! I can just imagine what this will look like! You're very talented! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Å så härliga mönster å färger, dom skulle jag villja sy ett lapptäcke av :) Fiddeli

Erin James said...

I just adore your blog and style - I love decorating with white too :) Just stumbled upon your blog through the Ellie Life link up from a while ago, excited to follow :)

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com