Monday, April 9, 2012

PicMonkey is fun!

I have been hearing a lot about PicMonkey lately and so thought I would check it out. My hopes of being the Energizer bunny this week have not yet kicked in, so sitting on the computer seems like about at what my energy level is at. So please understand I never do anything to my photos. I am not computer smart at all and so what I did here is totally simple and easy! Also, it is free to use their site, which fits in my budget:) So here is a picture of some beautiful flowers that Janae gave me for Easter (I so love them!)


Here is after I played with it on PicMonkey...


Here are the kids before...


Here are the kids after...


Another flower picture, before...


after..


Before...


after...


Before...


After..



 and the same photo again..



Kind of fun to know it is there. I am sure that with practice I will figure out what effects work the best for what I like. I think I may have softened these a bit much..but I do like being able to soften the edges. 

Just thought I'd share--it is really easy! Like I said, it is free, so that makes it fun to play.

Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Lucille said...

Beautiful flowers from your daughter! You have a lovely family! PicMonkey looks like a lot of fun! I don't know about you but I find that when I sit at the computer too long, I get up feeling exhausted and I need to do a few stretching exercises to get back into the swing of things!

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Haha, I've been playing with it too. I love the "vintage" look effects. And may I say that those roses are absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you shared pictures of them!

Have a good week,
Shasta

Heirloom treasures said...

Those roses are so beautiful. just off to have a look at picmonkey. xx

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your pictures look wonderful. Love the roses. I haven't tried this one yet, I've been using photoscape. I'll check it out.

hugs
Sissie

Amy Chalmers said...

I want to try that too. YOur befores look really good though!

Something Special said...

beautiful family, beautiful roses and thankyou for all your sweet comments on my blog!

Anne said...

I love picmonkey.It is so easy to work with.LOVE the photos you shared.
Anne

Victoria said...

Hmmm, I haven't heard of Picmonkey but with my beloved Picnik closing down in 9 days I'll definitely check it out! Beautiful pics:)

Old Red Barn said...

I'll check it out! I think Picmonkey is similar to Instagram.

Goedele

Rebecca said...

I will have to check this out, thanks for the heads up... love the pictures of the kids, beautiful family
Blessings
Rebecca

Nann said...

Picmonkey looks like it can do fabulous things to already beautiful photos like yours. I've got to go see this for myself!! Love what you have done.

Also I love your delightful handmade gifts to Janae. The ball jar dish towel really took my eye. What a lucky young woman to have such a wonderful mother as you. And what a lucky mother you have to have such a wonderful daughter as you. Her picture with that darling cart you dressed up for her is just precious. You have such a charming family...each and everyone of them. You are truly a blessing to them all.

Nann

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

I tried out PicMonkey too and think is is pretty nice. Usually I am in such a rush I just use my Picassa 3 that I have downloaded for free onto my computer.

You photos of the roses (sweet Janae!) are very pretty!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Our Country Bungalow said...

I love picmonkey too! So simple! And the pictures you edited are wonderful!
~cathy

Miss Gracie's House said...

I'm likin' picmonkey, too...so much like picnik...I'm glad I didn't panic and get in a hurry to find something else:)
Rene'