Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ruffles and White Lilacs

The other day I made a pillow from Rachel Ashwell fabric that I have had in my stash for years, and last night I made a sweet little ruffled runner for my nightstand to match.


I love this sweet fabric but have to admit it is hard to work with. I have trouble getting a straight pin through even one thickness of it. It seems maybe the weave is very tight? I do remember at the time the fabric was pretty expensive...maybe I am just used to cheap fabric:) But it does looks lovely on my bed as a pillow, and now on my nightstand too.



A little white lilac I planted last year is starting to bloom. Makes me so happy I planted it! It is so sweet and delicate..I think it may be a dwarf lilac but I can't remember. Note to self, leave the tag on for at least a year.


I looked up what a white lilac is the symbol for and it said "youth and innocence". I so agree..it reminds me of pure innocence like a child has. There is nothing sweeter than that.


The rain is again with us here in the Pacific Northwest but forecast says we will have a beautiful weekend..may even make it to 70 degrees!


Spring is filling me with the urge to be creative so stay tuned for more projects.

Thanks for visiting! Receiving your sweet comments makes my day!

27 comments:

Anne said...

Love this fabric.That blue color looks perfect in your room.Enjoy your amazing weather.
Anne

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Nice job on your pretty pillow and runner. Don't you love using something that has been in the stash forever? I need to dig in more and get busy!

Hugs,
Judy

Lucille said...

Your new pillow and runner are so pretty! I love frills. They're so feminine. Lilacs are one of my favourite flowers!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The fabric is so pretty and perfect for your runner.
Hugs, Sherry

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Oh my, that's one of my favorite RA fabrics. I've been cruising ebay for some of it. It is expensive though. I think it's called British Rose? (or something like that). You're pillow and runner are beautiful. And I love the white lilac. I've never seen one before. It's stunning!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love the blue flowers, the fabric is beautiful.

cathy@home said...

Lovely fabric the blue flowers, are beautiful.

Nann said...

Love the fabric and the runner. And your little white lilac is calling my name. You are one amazing woman Sandy. You can do EVERYTHING.

Janae said...

Omgosh I love it mom! Its so pretty! I want one for my guestroom! haha just kidding!! well not kidding really I do want one!

theromanticrose said...

E' tutto così dolce,rilassante e profumato!Rosetta

Melanie said...

The runner is so pretty!! Love the white lilac, have never seen a white one!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I am so happy that Spring is inspiring you...I am loving what you are creating!

chateau chic said...

So pretty. The white lilacs are beautiful!
Mary Alice

Old Time Cindy said...

The runner and pillow are quite lovely. I do wish I had a lilac bush, just need to get around to planting one. And you're just like me, can never remember the names of plants.

Lady Pamela said...

I planted a dwarf lilac before I realized they came in white. Oh well. It is very hearty. I live just north of you on the Canadian border so our weather is very similar. It should do well, once it gets established.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

everything is simply heavenly! hugs...

Rita said...

Hi, I'm here from Sweet Vanilla for C. What a pleasant discovery is your blog. So full of inspiration.
I love your pillow and runner. you did an amazing job and they make a great addition to your beautiful room.
so glad to have met you.
rita

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful images and fabric. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful post.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your runner, Sandy! It seems you are definitely getting some use out of that fabric and it looks so good in your bedroom.

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

That fabric is SO pretty! You've made beautiful creations with it. :)

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

So pretty! Your bedroom looks lovely.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Sandy,
Everything looks so lovely, well done! I also love your lacey footstool redo in your last post.
enJOY a beautiful day,
Kimberly

Suzanne said...

This post is just lovely! So pretty and airy and fresh. Well done!

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! you did a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! you did a beautiful job!

Pam Kessler said...

Your lilac is so pretty. I always forget about the white ones. I have probably 6 purple ones, but not a white one in site.

farmhouse-story said...

i've never seen a white lilac--love it! your pillow and runner are so pretty! there is something about spring that brings out creativity, huh?:)