Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rachel Ashwell Pillow

Several years ago when we first realized we would be moving and downsizing I started planning what I hoped for our new rooms to look like. I found this Rachel Ashwell fabric and wanted to base the whole look of my bedroom (which I do share with my husband) to look like. Well, I decorated the room and am so happy with it but still hadn't used the fabric! So last night I made a pillow.



In the tradition of Rachel Ashwell,  I didn't want to embellish it too much.  I just wanted it to be comfy and inviting and let the pretty fabric shine. I was able to find the Pottery Barn pillow form at our local thrift store for $1.15. It is so comfy cushy.


I think this fabric has been retired for awhile and I can't remember what the pattern is called. I just remember when I saw it I really wanted my bedroom to look like this fabric. I think I was able to do that!




I put some of the flowers Janae got me for Easter in our room. They are still looking so gorgeous! 

Below is a lampshade I posted several months ago. You can see the post here.  A lot of people have thought it is a coffee filter lampshade but actually it is made of fabric ruffles. The actual lamp is changed from the post when I made the lampshade. I love this lamp! Several months ago I saw it from a distance at Goodwill and did the fast walk over to it. You know, you don't want to look too excited or others will get to it first. It is from the Simply Shabby Chic line and still had it's tags. It was only $3.99. Love it!


The lamp has a vintage look. I love the Simply Shabby Chic line.

Now I am thinking I may make table runners for our nightstands with this fabric too. That will look pretty! 


Better get back to thrifting and creating...my favorite pastimes!

Thanks for visiting!


29 comments:

Lucille said...

Beautiful pillow, Sandy! The little lamp is adorable! I wish we had the sort of thrifty shops around here that you seem to have over there!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your bedroom is Gorgeous !!! I love white...Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my busted pipe ever thing is OK now, As you can see I'am up and running on my laptop now. I will be putting a new tablescape on Saturday. I hope you have a wonderful week.
XXOO Diane

All Things Chic 2 said...

Love the sweet softness of your room...I have done a post on my room as well...Blessings Lori

Inspired by you said...

How beautiful! It looks so relaxing! Thank you for your positive comment. They have helped me a lot.

Cindy said...

Yummy pillow, and heavenly fabric. Your bedroom is soooo pretty!

Cindy

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Lovely fabric, and a beautiful pillow you created with it! I've been coming up just about empty in the thrifting department this last week ~ so bummed that I didn't find anything today :( Hopefully I'll have better luck next week. Love the lampshade, (and lamp base too!)

Have a great up-coming weekend, warmest hugs, Brenda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sandy, I am always looking for simply shabby sheets or linen. When I see a sheet at the thrift store my heart starts speeding!!! So much fabric in one sheet, love that lamps had and the lamp too!

Carol

Julie said...

Sandy - it is gorgeous - your whole room is but I love your cushion. J

cathy@home said...

What a Lovely relaxing room

Amy Chalmers said...

I love the look of what Rachel has created with the simply shabby chic line~your bedroom looks so pretty!

Kirstin Joy @ Burlap and Buttons said...

That headboard is incredible! I think I'm in love! hehe. I wanted to come say hi and than you for your sweet comment at Burlap and Buttons. I'm so glad you're comment lead me back to your great blog. Happy to be following along. Happy Friday!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh my...your bedroom is GORGEOUS! I love the beautiful fabric that you used for the pillows...just perfect for your bedroom! Beautiful bed linens...simply divine! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us!

Warmest spring wishes,
Chari

Susan said...

That pillow is just gorgeous! I love Rachel Ashley anything!

Janae said...

So gorgeous! I'm glad your roses are lasting so long!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love, love that fabric you used for the pillow, Sandy, so, of course, it's discontinued! : ) I would be drawn to it, too. I really like the soft colors. I love your bed, too, by the way. Great lampshade. I found a script lampshade that I just had to get, but I have no lamp for it! Kind of working backwards. Thankfully, I am going to Goodwill to drop off some clothes today so I will take a look around for a lamp. Yours is really pretty; I usually just see those big old ugly brass ones.

Grandma Carolee said...

That pillow is so pretty...your whole bedroom is beautiful!

Special 'K' said...

How beautiful is your bedroom and you pillow is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Cynthia said...

Your bedroom is so pretty I love the pillow and the headboard.

Cynthia

Nann said...

I just LOVE that room. It is so calming. And your lamp is so very pretty. You have the touch to make everything super gorgeous!!

Nann

My Dream Canvas said...

This is so pretty! I hope you will visit me at My Dream Canvas. Have a lovely weekend.

Ana said...

Hi Sandy,
Your bedroom is so very romantic. Love it. You did a great job taking a fabric design and interpreting it into a beautiful room. Awesome job. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anne said...

Sandy,
That pillow is so pretty.I was going through a pink and roses stage in my whole house years ago(I still LOVE roses I just don't have as much just needed a change).My husband was very sweet.I pretty much decorate the way I want to.Sounds like you are lucky that way too.
Have a great weekend.
Anne

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Really beautiful. I love your headboard. And of course the bedding!
Sweet dreams..
~Shirley

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely!
... Beautiful pillow!
Visiting from Show and Tell Friday :)

Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love that fabric and wish I could sew! Your bedroom looks so peaceful and beautiful!

Sherry Hicks said...

The pillow is absolutely in keeping with the RA way!! Not over embelished I love how you worded that is it truly does some up the true shabby chic style and the simplicity of it is what made me fall in love with the style in the first place!! What a deal on the PB pillow form!!! And your room looks lovely and it does look as if it all started with the pillow!
SHerry

Suffia said...

Very comfy and relaxing room. Love the fabric too.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

What a lovely serene bedroom. Am I right in that the room looks to be a soft dove gray?

Your pillow turned out very pretty, were the ruffles hard to sew?

Thanks for sharing this at my party!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So pretty~ love your pillows. Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!