Sunday, September 25, 2011

Yippee!! I'm Back!

When my computer decided to die yesterday I was so bummed.  I had no way to get a new computer at this time.  We looked on Craigslist and at other used places and I just wasn't  sure about buying one that way.  I thought I could save money and maybe sometime after Christmas I would be able to get something.  Then I got really bummed..because I thought of all the new blogging friends I've started to make and the fact that I want to start a Etsy shop sometime soon and even my husband and kids thought that it was really a bummer that I didn't have a computer now. Chantel said I have been in a happier mood since I've had my blog (don't think I was in too bad of a mood before) and I am sure I have been because of all the positive comments and everything you get with a blog. All the seasonal decorating and stuff I always like to do will be all the more fun when I can share it with others. Then there was the fact that Wyatts math teacher is having them do thier homework online, I am in the process of selling our old house and the buyer and the title company always e-mail me, as do Gages doctors, and how in the world would I pay my bills without a computer?!
My old computer was really something else--it was a laptop I bought about 7 or 8 years ago. It was so overloaded with old games and stuff the kids played when they were little plus thousands of pictures, and the fan was broken so I had to keep fans blowing on it when it was on. I probably just finally totally overheated it. It was slow--but actually pretty good considering...
So as usual Janae came to my rescue. She offered to loan me the money for a new one. She said it was no big deal to her and she hated the fact I wouldn't be able to blog without it. I asked my husband and he agreed though we hate to owe people money we really need a computer. So Janae, Chantel, and I went to Best Buy and got a really good deal on a laptop with a great processor (so I'm told) and he said it would be fast. Oh my goodness--it is really fast! I am so so happy and so so thankful to Janae for coming to my rescue! My kids are all so awesome.
So I don't like to do a post without a picture so I'm posting this picture of my son Gage and how he and Duke sleep most nights..I know I will sleep much better tonight knowing I have this awesome new laptop!  Thanks to everyone who sent thier prayers.
My sweet boys, Gage and Duke

5 comments:

Paint Me White said...

We rely on our computers so much, you have a very generous daughter indeed. Enjoy your new toy. Sandy x

Debbie said...

Awesome!! I'm sooo happy you got your computer and big thanks to your daughter. I have to admit thatI looked at Craig's list myself for you... I'm glad you're back!

Grandma Carolee said...

Oh Sandy, I'm so happy you have a new computer...you deserve it! I love seeing your blogs everyday. Much thanks to generous Janae'...what a sweetheart! The photo of Gage and Duke is adorable.

Latane Barton said...

Yippee.. so glad you have a new computer so thanks to Janae for helping you out in being able to get one right now. I sure would miss your cheerful posts if you disappeared on us!!

lashawnmontoya said...

Wow...God is so good and He always makes a way...even by using our own (adult) kids to help us out at times!:) What a special relationship you and Janae' have...I love it! Congrats on the new 'member' of the family (that is what a computer is nowadays...a necessary and USEFUL member of every modern household!:).