Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Daisy Plate

Both my Grandmothers were painters and I have always wished I had inherited that talent.  A few years ago when I needed a break from the business I owned at the time, I used to drive to a town about an hour away and paint at one of these ceramic places. It was so relaxing to me, yet being the pefectionist that I am things rarely turned out as perfect as I wanted them too.  But this one plate that I tried to paint of my fur baby Daisy I actually kind of like. I found a pink dog treats jar in the clearance at HomeGoods and I really think the two things look cute together on the kitchen counter.
Here it is--please excuse I didn't wipe off the counter before taking the picture!

Here is the real Daisy with Janae

I love this picture of two of our dogs (Daisy and Duke) getting all excited when they hear Janae's car pull into the driveway.  Our other dog is a 12 year old Yorkie and she probably slept through the excitement.
Tonight I have been working on a birthday present for daughter Janae's 22nd birthday.  I want to show it to SOMEONE so bad but Janae loves surprises and so I can't post it here for a couple more weeks.  My Mom will be coming tomorrow because we walk the track everyday now near my house so I can't wait to show it to her!  I get excited when I'm working on projects.

3 comments:

Grandma Carolee said...

Your plate is adorable! Love the photo of the two dogs at the window...so cute. I also love the plate you made for me with strawberries and the words: Live well, Love much, Laugh often.

lashawnmontoya said...

Love your doggies! And the chair- love that bling in the center of the cushion back:) I moved Logan into Ryan's old room and now I have painted Logan's room a nice grey-blue and have white wicker furniture (bed, rocker) with white bedding. I got a little dresser and am painting it white this weekend. This is all before I knew how much YOU liked white:) I guess it runs in the Cole genes!

Doodlecraft said...

Hi, what a sweet blog! I found yours after you left a comment on mine! :)
I have an acid mirror tutorial that will post this Saturday, so come back and see how easy it is to have an awesome mirror! And thanks!
Nat :)
doodlecraft.blogspot