Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunroom Chair Makeover

I have always liked those cane rounded back chairs (not sure what they are called).  When I found one at Goodwill for $6.99 I decided it was time for a makeover.
This is what it looked like when I got it at Goodwill.

This is what it looks like now. I got the fabric at JoAnn's and I like so much I would like to use it again on something.  Though I should be used to it by now I am always pleasantly surprised how much a little white paint brightens a piece of furniture.

I made this pillow and had a little pin I stuck on it to glam it up a bit.

The room it is in I call the sunroom because it has a skylight.  I love this room--it is where my computer and all my crafting supplies are.
I see these chairs at Goodwill all the time and I always think I want to get another one--even though I really have no where to put it.  Janae and I someday want to start selling our makeover projects at Flea Markets. We would have so much fun!



11 comments:

Karen said...

You chair looks beautiful, love the fabric. Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment.

Bunny Jean said...

Welcome to blogland!

I just came by via your daughter's blog.

I LOVE the fabric you chose for this chair redo, and the pillow is so cute with that ruffle and pin.

I have a party for newbies... Wednesday's Bunny Hop. I would love it if you would share this chair makeover! The linky opens at 4:00 (Pacific time) Tuesday afternoon. It is a great way to meet other new bloggers. (The early links get the most views)

xoxo Bunny Jean
@ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
(my MAIN blog)

Joy Burkhart said...

Wow! What a transformation! Love the new chair, much nicer than the old blue and brown.

Bunny Jean said...

Just came back to say thanks for joining this Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

xoxo Bunny Jean
@ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
(my MAIN blog)

Maggie said...

What a super makeover you gave that old chair from Goodwill, it looks so chic and stylish now.
Love the fabric.

WhyCuzICan said...

Very cute chair- I'm painting a couple of basic chairs white today too- freshen them up a bit.

I'm a new Follower from Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop party, BTW (just so you know how I found you)
Smiles,
Suzanne in NW IL

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow! You would not even know that it was the same chair. The white is gorgeous! I love the fabric and the bit of glam on the pillow just is the cherry on top. So dang cute! Hopped over from Bunny's party. Now a new follower.

Karima said...

What a fantastic makeover you did a great job! Your newest gfc follower, Karima :)www.karimascrafts.com PS: Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Love the chair and fabric! Seriously. Looks great!

Kelli @ TheTurquoisePiano.blogspot.com

oops! said...

Love the Chair! It is perfect for your sunroom!

Unknown said...

veru nice pillow and great job for the chair