Saturday, September 3, 2011

More of the livingroom....

I showed some of the livingroom in my very first blog post and so decided to share more in this post.  I love the livingroom--it turned out just as I wanted it to.  I love the beach and I wanted a beachy feel but I didn't want it to scream beach either.  I hope my color choices and the occasional shell bring in the beach feel.
This is the TV area.  We had nothing but "fat" TV's and for Christmas my oldest daughter surprised us by buying us this flat screen. She made me cry...happy tears. We have gone through some tough financial times as of late and I was so touched.  Anyway--the only TV show I love as much (or more) than HGTV is Nate!  Who couldn't love him? I find it hard to start my day without him.

The above TV stand at one time looked like this.  I paid $7 for it at Salvation Army and turned it into the cute little TV stand it now is.

Here she is in all her glory.  I like to use "B" in my decorating in honor of our last name.

Love my little chair from Ikea.  Actually got it on Craigslist for $50.  I am a thrifty girl!

This sweet little pillow was $2.99 at Goodwill and the chenille quilt was $3.99.  Did I mention yet how much I love Goodwill?

The picture above the TV I believe is a painted photograph.  I know it is very old and it was my Grandmothers and my Dad gave it to me.  I love it--it gives a peaceful feeling which goes so well with the room.  Its so awesome when a little family history goes with your decorating.

Another view of the livingroom

This mantle was originally oak which is not my favorite.  White paint and this applicate made it more my style.

This is one of the few antiques I could fit into this house that came from my old house.  I have thought very often about painting it white but usually get gasps from people when I tell them I might.  It was made in 1860 and I think I have decided that this old girl doesn't want to change her look.  Actually, I find the dark color to be kind of grounding in the room and with some of my other dark accents I'm glad I didn't paint her white.
This is our window seat the first time we saw it . I could imagine the possibilities (as I still can).  That is my Mom and my daughter Chantel trying it out.
This is a work in progress-I love this window seat but I really want a big cushion and lots of pillows.  In my ultimate dream I would have a little chandelier hanging in there too!

One of my other loves is photography.  I hung some of my favorite family portrait I have taken on this wall and it makes it feel like home.  All the frames were purchased at Goodwill, painted white and distressed. Viola!
I got this couch on Craigslist for $35!  It had a brand new denem blue cover on it that I do like but because of my love of white my oldest daughter (Janae) bought me this white cover for Mothers Day.  She is such an awesome daughter! The coffee table was another Goodwill find--its Ethan Allen and has drawers in the front which I love because they are so handy to keep remotes--dog brushes--magazines--all the stuff you want on hand when you are watching TV but don't want to look at.
Well, thanks for going on a little tour of my living room.  I have been so excited that I have gotten some followers and I want to thank those of you that have chosen to follow me.
Linking to Show and Tell Friday

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eventought I'm a color fan...but I find your living room so pretty...i liked the white frames with the black and white photos, as well as white Ethan Allen coffee table :)

Rose Bartley said...

Your home is lovely,Sandy,and I enjoyed looking at your photo's. I love white furniture also but unless I win the lottery and am able to get my own little "secret place" to decorate in pink and white (LOL) I am stuck with the dark depressing pieces I have. If it was up to me I'd paint them all white. I just feel that white is soooo much prettier in pictures and in person. However.... :)

Rose Bartley said...

PS; You know me as Bonnie Bartley..