Monday, September 26, 2011

A Special Gift...

Today I recieved a call from Mother in laws best friend, Clemmie. At first I didn't make it to the phone and as I was checking my missed call  I got a text, "Please call me as soon as you can. Clem" I thought "Oh my goodness what has happened?" my mind went crazy and I knew my Mother in law was okay because I had just exchanged text with her.  My father in law now lives in Oklahoma and I know Clemmie talks to him regularly, so the worrier in me thought, "Oh no something has happened to Papa!". So I called her right back and she said she wanted to meet me for a beer. I said when and she said "Can you come now?" I freaked out thinking she had to tell me something in person..what could it be? I told her, "what's wrong?" she assured me everything was fine and I was at our local sports bar within about 2 minutes. She told me.."it is never too late to properly thank someone for something they did for you..and since you took our wedding pictures that I treasure so much as your gift to me, this is my thank you gift to you"...and she gave me this...
This is a watercolor she did from a picture of Chantel that I took in the tulip fields when she was about 3 or 4 years old. I was so touched I almost cried. I love it! She had it professional framed but it was in a wood color frame and so I ever so carefully taped it and painted it white tonight. It will be alright with Clemmie.  I will treasure this painting forever. I am usually the one giving out the hand made gifts and so it is so exciting to me to be on the receiving end this time! Chantel was so touched to when I brought it home and showed her. My husband was also touched..he has known Clemmie his whole life and having some of her art in our house is an honor.  But I am sure many of you will laugh at this..when he first saw it he said, "Oh, thats really nice. Where are you going to hang it after you paint the frame white?" I guess they all know me well.

As you can see the frame just had to be white :)


5 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Hello!!!
I found your blog from your daughter's blog, love the pumpkin you did for her
Love your blog and now I am a new follower.
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

How special! What a beautiful gift, and I like the frame white, too.
Thanks for your recent visit to my blog,
Susan

lashawnmontoya said...

WOw, Clemmis is an amazing artist! I LOVE watercolor (my fav form of painting). Does she do that professionally? She absolutely could!:)

Ana said...

Oh Sandy,
What a sweet and thoughtful gift. A very touching gesture. Clemmie is very talented. Love the portrait. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! What a lovely gift. A treasure forever...