Thursday, November 22, 2012

Our Early Thanksgiving

We had my parents and sister over for Thanksgiving today since we are going to my in-laws tomorrow. It feels good to have all the work done and our tummies filled with good food!


It was such a gorgeous day today--the sun was shining as I cooked.


Bunny Fufu (Janae's now famous contest winning bunny) visited with my Dad before dinner.


Dinner was really good. My husband smoked a turkey on the Traeger and I cooked a ham in the oven. Both were delicious. My Mom brought her delicious rolls and french bean casserole. I made stuffing, my fattening mashed potatoes, deviled eggs ...all the must have foods for Thanksgiving. Of course I made my pie.. the one the kids love so much they beg me to make it in the summertime sometimes.  You can find the recipe for the double layer pumpkin pie here. Last year I didn't take it to my Mother in law's dinner and my nephew told me I ruined his Thanksgiving. You can bet I won't make that mistake this year!


Bella loved that I used a bench for one side of the table..gave her a nice convenient place to sit and beg. Bella loves holidays that include a whole lot of food :)


Our pet family is a big thing that we are always thankful for!

There are some things that never change...


I hope this finds everyone having a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends. Tomorrow our celebration continues at my Mother in law's house..and I will be bringing a pie!

One thing I am especially thankful for is my blogging friends. My life has been so enriched by you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

18 comments:

Janae said...

It was all so delicious! Thank you for hosting! I love the picture of little bunny Fufu & Walter, it's adorable. Bella was so glad she was invited over lol. The last picture of chantel is cute, I really love the picture of Grandpa & Fufu it's geat of both of them.

Heirloom treasures said...

Oh I'm so pleased you had a good time. The dinner sounds delicious. xx

Shingle Cottage said...

Oh everything looks wonderful! love the fur babies everywhere too.
Happy Thanksgiving to and your loved ones xxx

Deb said...

These are great photos around the festive table. I love that the furry ones are included. Enjoy your celebration today. Hugs, Deb

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Your table looked beautiful... It's great to have two dinners!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Happy Thankgiving Sandy!
Looks like a beautiful day with your beautiful family.
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly

Ana said...

How lucky are you Ms. Sandy? You get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice...enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner twice! Yummy, yum, yum. Wishing you and your beauitful family a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anne said...

Beautiful table setting Sandy! Oh yes I used to do that with the olives too LOL! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving day!
xx
Anne

Grandma Carolee said...

Beautiful post, Sandy. Dad and I had a wonderful time. The food was a delicious FEAST, you and Jerry were loving hosts, your home was decorated beautifully, and you looked terrific...wish we had gotten some photos of YOU! Thank you for a delightful Thanksgiving celebration.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, what a lovely setting! Your Thanksgiving table looks wonderful and the food looks yummy! I'm so happy that Bunny Fufu won the contest- a true rock star! Whew, you have a lot of food to eat this week- two Thanksgiving meals! Yes, I'm thankful to0 for my blogging friends; it's such a joy to share a little piece of their lives! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sandy. Nothing better than a good meal with loved ones. That pie of your sounds delish.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love the olives on the fingers LOL! Happy Thanksgiving, have a wonderful time at both of your events! You lucky girl, not one, but two Thanksgivings!

Carol

farmhouse-story said...

your table looks so pretty, sandy! fufu looks so huggable:)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Glad you had a great day ~ your table looked beautiful!

Lady of the Woods said...

Such a blessing are the women who make beautiful homes and tables....
yours is absolutely gorgeous! Many blessings to you and yours, lady

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Lovedd this beautiful post! You have a wonderful family! Thank you for always visiting Flora Doora!

Jane

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
My blogging has been very enriched by you as well. You are always so nice and leave the sweetest comments. Just want you to know that I appreciate you.
Love the photos of your family and pets...so much love is evident.

hugs
Sissie

Janet said...

Your Thankgiving table looks lovely. I remember putting olives on all my fingers when I was little, too!