Well, I am so excited for her I could almost burst....
Janae won the Petsmart costume photo contest! Janae is still having a hard time believing it is true. We all are so thrilled! She won first prize in the Rockstar division and for that she gets a $500 Petsmart gift certificate (awesome!) and then for being the overall winner she gets.... (wait for it...)
$10,000! (cash money) Can you believe it?!
She so deserves it. She really put a lot of thought into her entries and her little Bunny Fufu is the one who won it for her. I just want to thank everyone who voted for her. I know so many of you voted every day and we really appreciate it! The votes equaled 10% of the points with the other 90% being for creativity etc. I know that getting lots of votes made the judges notice her entry though--because there was almost 13,000 entries! Janae has been walking on a cloud the last couple days...not only because of the money but because of the honor of winning out of that many entries. I think this will help motivate her to continue working on a career as a pet photographer. :) I am a proud Mama.
Tonight I also found out something fun...though there is no prize involved. Chantel got a honorable mention for her photo of her hamster in the Petco contest. I am so proud of her too! There was thousands of entries in that contest too. I have such creative and talented daughters! I feel like the best is yet to come :)
Well, all this winning has made our halloween extra fun this year. We actually had 89 trick or treaters this year...which was a lot for a rainy night I thought. Of course our house is totally decked out--Jerry even put out a fog machine. :)
Another thing that has happened since my last post...my boys turned 13! My babies are teenagers I can hardly believe it.
I love these boys so much!
My parents came over in the afternoon and brought them gifts.
The boys got a lot of presents--and lots of money! (their favorite gift)
Well, I have been so busy I haven't looked at my reading list in awhile and I look forward to seeing what you all have been up too! I really hope you are all safe from hurricane Sandy. I still think they should change the name of that hurricane!
I will end with Chantel's halloween pirate costume. She matched her hamster Walter :) I thought she looked so pretty.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway here
Thanks so much for visiting and I hope this finds you warm and safe!