Thursday, November 1, 2012

Exciting news!

Well, I am so excited for her I could almost burst....


Janae won the Petsmart costume photo contest! Janae is still having a hard time believing it is true. We all are so thrilled! She won first prize in the Rockstar division and for that she gets a $500 Petsmart gift certificate (awesome!) and then for being the overall winner she gets.... (wait for it...)

$10,000! (cash money) Can you believe it?!

She so deserves it. She really put a lot of thought into her entries and her little Bunny Fufu is the one who won it for her. I just want to thank everyone who voted for her. I know so many of you voted every day and we really appreciate it! The votes equaled 10% of the points with the other 90% being for creativity etc. I know that getting lots of votes made the judges notice her entry though--because there was almost 13,000 entries! Janae has been walking on a cloud the last couple days...not only because of the money but because of the honor of winning out of that many entries. I think this will help motivate her to continue working on a career as a pet photographer. :) I am a proud Mama.

Tonight I also found out something fun...though there is no prize involved. Chantel got a honorable mention for her photo of her hamster in the Petco contest. I am so proud of her too! There was thousands of entries in that contest too. I have such creative and talented daughters! I feel like the best is yet to come :)


Well, all this winning has made our halloween extra fun this year. We actually had 89 trick or treaters this year...which was a lot for a rainy night I thought. Of course our house is totally decked out--Jerry even put out a fog machine. :)





Another thing that has happened since my last post...my boys turned 13! My babies are teenagers I can hardly believe it.


I love these boys so much!


 My parents came over in the afternoon and brought them gifts.



The boys got a lot of presents--and lots of money! (their favorite gift)

Well, I have been so busy I haven't looked at my reading list in awhile and I look forward to seeing what you all have been up too! I really hope you are all safe from hurricane Sandy. I still think they should change the name of that hurricane!

I will end with Chantel's halloween pirate costume. She matched her hamster Walter :)  I thought she looked so pretty.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway here

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope this finds you warm and safe!

20 comments:

Janae said...

I am so excited I won! I feel like I am dreaming & I am going to wake up any moment! It is wonderful Chantel got an honerable mention in the Petco contest now that I can win Petsmart next year she has too!! LOL. Sidney thought Wyatt's cat pumpkin was preally cool! I love Chantels costume she looked great as did your Halloween decor!!

Melanie said...

Congrats to Janae! That is quite an accomplishment!! Congrats to Chantel as well!! You have talented daughters!

Yes, I think that they should change the name of that storm too!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...


Whooo Hoooooo!!! I'm so happy for Janae, and Chantel. Great news, and it looks like a fun time was had by all on Halloween.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Wow Sandy,
What great news! Is Janae considering pet photography as a career path? She's a natural.
Happy birthday to your beautiful boys too!
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

That is so amazing!!! What a shock to win that much money!! Happy Birthday to your boys! And walter is always a darling.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Grandma Carolee said...

Janae's news is so exciting, my heart won't settle down. Chantel looks adorable, and she is also very talented like her sister. Love the photos of the boys birthday. You have the best Halloween decorations of any where I've seen.

The White Pear Tree said...

Wow, Congratulations to Janae and Chantel!!! That is fantastic!! I'm not surprised though, their entries are sooo creative! I voted for bunny Fufu twice, so I'm glad to have helped in a tiny way!

Boy, you've been busy with birthdays and Halloween and all that, sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

And yeah, I'd be annoyed too, having a hurricane named after me, lol!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Janae & Chantel! I'm sure you are one proud Momma! I would be too! And a very Happy Birthday to Gage & Wyatt, it sounds like they had a wonderful day!

Anne said...

Congratulations Janae!!!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet boys Sandy! My daughter is soon to be a teen too....YIKES LOL!
xx
Anne

Cynthia said...

Congratulations to your daughters for their winning entries. And also to your sons for their 13th birthdays! Thanks for sharing your joy with all of us. I really loved reading your post.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Sandy, congratulations for having such talented daughters and their talented pets too and Happy Birthday to the boys..Happy Thursday..Judy

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I'm so excited! I voted for them almost every day! I'm thrilled too!I'll bet Janae is still pinching herself! She is so talented!
Both girls are like their mom! Congrats! Love your Halloween decorations! The pumpkin is so cute! Happy Birthday to your boys!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Happy Birthday! All of your kids are so amazing and talented!

Carol

Lady of the Woods said...

that is a shocking amount for a pet costume contest! but she must be on a cloud, and all the love you both give to your pets are rewarded! so nice and for Chanel too! talent is obviously all around there! lol, congratulations to Her!.

lambs and ivy designs said...

Woo Hoo!!! $10,000 smack a roos!!!

How wonderful for her!!! And that IS the cutest picture ever!!

Hugs,
Dana

Amy Chalmers said...

That is fantastic! I always wonder do people really win these big money prizes? And I guess they do~her bunny was so cool on his motorcycle, and Chantal did look beautiful as a sassy pirate!

pipigirl said...

so happy that she won. had a good feeling about it. wonder why:) congrats and spend wisely. new costumes for next yr????? happy for you all. sweet family youve raised.

Janet said...

Congratulations to your daughter! That's so amazing! Happy "13" Birthday to your boys, too!

Sweet Melanie said...

Creative juices definitely have been handed down to your daughter...I am thrilled for her and you! And THIRTEEN...what a great age to be! Sounds like they had a perfect birthday. Spending it with family is the most precious gift of all!

farmhouse-story said...

your whole family is so creative! congrats to janae--her work so deserves her getting noticed! your fall decor (and chantel) look wonderful:) happy 13 to the boys!