Saturday, July 25, 2015

DIY Fairytale Wedding

I can't believe it has been 2 months since I have done a blog post. Seriously my life has been 24/7 wedding. Thinking about my daughters wedding, working on things for the wedding, and praying that everything turns out just perfect for her. I have to admit I worried about it so much I almost made myself sick, and now am just elated at how it turned out. The perfect backyard garden wedding...it was like a fairytale.

This post is going to mostly show the decorating...as the pictures come back from the photographer I realize there is way too many for one post and this post is meant to be inspiring. It can be done! I may have been a doubter at times myself but you can have an amazing wedding in a small backyard. My daughter had a vision and she made it come true.


Those of you that are familiar with Janae and her decorating know that she does a beautiful job with a lot of mirrors and chandeliers. We brought carloads of her mirrors and chandeliers from her house to our house to use in the wedding. My husband took some vacation time off work and hung all the mirrors and rewired the chandeliers to be able to use them at the wedding. It was worth all the work.


Janae found quotes and things and had me make some chalkboards to set around the wedding. I have to say they looked great!



You can see that there are no candles in the candles holders--that is because it was 97 degrees when we had the ceremony and all the candles melted! Though it was so hot during the ceremony we had water bottles placed everywhere and it wasn't so bad because as soon as the sun went down the temperature was perfect!


Janae and Chantel took all the labels off the water bottles and replaced them with lace tape and jute ties. It looked so pretty!

 

I was pretty proud of the card holder I made out of a vintage suitcase.


I also was happy with this signing board I made...all of these ideas are things that Janae found on Pinterest.


When Janae came home with a whole lot of flowers she special ordered from Costco I have to admit I may have had a slight panic attack...


But after many hours of arranging them into Ball jars (some painted, some blue, and some wrapped in pretty burlap covers) they were so pretty and everywhere in our house and outside, it smelled like flowers!





The cake was another special part of the wedding decore--made by Janae's cousin, Victoria.


We have so much creative talent in our family...it makes me proud!


Notice the cake topper with 4 Poms on it? Janae had that made through Etsy. I think Victoria could go on one of those cake decorating contest shows--she made those flowers!

The rehearsal was on the thursday night before the wedding on Saturday. That worked out really well because we were really busy on Friday cooking, arranging flowers and generally going nuts trying to get ready. We were lucky the rental company brought all the tables and chairs and so we were able to set up for the rehearsal, other than the flowers, so we really knew how it was going to look. I think it was at this point that we all breathed a little sigh of relief. It was all going to fit and it looked beautiful!


We were able to seat 100 people in our small backyard...yay!

The rehearsal went really well. We then knew Janae's dream wedding was being realized.


Jaxon and Sidney's little niece and Jaxon made the most adorable little ones pulling the dogs down the aisle announcing the bride was coming.


The dogs themselves, who are Janae and Sidney's children, even sat well in the wagon. We had been practicing.


I was so proud of all the kids, human and canine.


After practicing the ceremony we practiced changing the backyard from ceremony to reception seating. I told Janae if we had the guests go in the front for 10 to 15 minutes and go through the receiving line that a small "team" we put together could change it over. I think Janae doubted me. But guess what? We did it!


I painted the chairs at the head table for Janae and Sidney. They sat at the front looking like a King and Queen looking over their kingdom. :) They decided to let their wedding party sit with whoever they wanted too. The dogs were kept in a crib up front, they were the "dogs of honor".


As soon as the photographer (my lovely and talented sister in law, Stacey--I told you our family is so creative!) sends us more pictures I will be posting the wonderful day itself. So stay tuned! In the meantime I will give you a sneak peek of how gorgeous Janae looked on her perfect day.


Thanks for visiting!

27 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

wow Sandy, I don't know what to say....how brilliant and beautiful this all is! How much work and talent you have and how the family came together to contribute so much is something I feel is very very special...the family! Beautiful job and well done!

Anne said...

What a lovely wedding! The most beautiful backyard wedding I have ever seen! You all did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, this is the most gorgeous wedding I have ever seen! It's so romantic! The mirrors are a fantastic accent! I love the flowers in Ball Mason jars! Your garden is a lovely setting! Your family is so talented and I loved seeing all the contributions each member made! The bride looks stunning!

Grandma Carolee said...

You have done a beautiful job posting about the glorious wedding. It was perfect! And as others have said, I loved how many came together with their special talents to help out. I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Burlap Luxe said...

A wonderful home garden wedding.... Such sweetness in beautiful memories to behold of this day.

Getting ready for a home wedding for my Neice, crowns and chandeliers and all.

I love the white folding chairs up against the white fence.

Xx
Dore

ShabbyESP said...

So beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing Janae and Sidney's special day with us. Everything looked perfect!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

wow, that is the most beautiful setting for a wedding. You all did such an amazing job at decorating. I love it all. That crib for the dogs is so cute* love the ball jars and the cake is beautiful. Such a special day, you can see the love you all put into it
deezie

Jasper's Cottage said...

What a beautiful and inspiring wedding! I am in the midst of planning my 30th anniversary party/vow renewal and I am going to be pinning lots of your decor pictures as inspiration. I know it was a lot of hard work but oh, so worth it! jonni

Ana said...

Congratulations to the bride and groom...Oh Sandy, everything looks absolutely dreamy and perfect. I bet it was a wedding and special day that will be fondly remembered by everyone there for a long time. Love, love, loved it all. So very shabby chic romantic.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Anne's Attic - Design said...

What a dream come true. So beautiful! Jo

CIELO said...

Beautiful... just truly gorgeous... the decor, the cake... the lovely lovely fairy like bride. Everything splendid!

Happiness forever...

Cielo

Patricia said...

Sandy, I've been missing your blog, "For the Love of White." Now I understand you being MIA. What a lovely and romantic wedding. Janae looked like a Princess and Sydney, her Prince. So fitting that the Poms were there. I can only presume the kitties and Bunny Fufu... couldn't be relied upon to be as well behaved during the ceremony?

What a magical surround, both for the wedding and then for the reception afterward.

Sandy, I so hope you'll begin posting again in the very near future. I miss your posts, but loved seeing this one about Janae's romtantic wedding.

Long-time blog follower...

Patricia Wilson
Columbia, CT

Karen said...

Oh Sandy,
This is absolutely gorgeous! Breathtaking. I would love to attend a wedding like this and so much my taste! It looks like a lot of work, planning and definitely talent went into planning such a gala affair! Congratulations to you and Janae! Thank you for sharing such a special day! (I absolutely adore those antique pink and turquoise chairs!) Karen

Lady Pamela said...

How stunning. Congratulations.
*Smiles*

Cynthia said...

These photographs are beautiful!!! What a magical day it must have been, with all those special elements to enjoy. The chandeliers and the cake and the painted chairs. . .everything is just gorgeous, but most of all, the bride! One of the prettiest weddings I've seen.

Unknown said...

Oh my, What a dreamy wedding! Everything is so beautiful! The mirrors and chandeliers, the flowers and decor, all the signs, the little white wagon for the babies, so, so much wonderful! You did such an amazing job. Janae is stunning. She is the prettiest bride I have ever seen. I Love the picture of her with Bella,Bentley, Lilly and Lacy. Precious! Can't wait to see more. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful day with us.
It is obvious why you have not been manning your blog. Lovely job! Don't stay away so long now. You are sorely missed here.

Unknown said...

Everything was so beautiful. you and your family did a fantastic job of decorating. I would say it was a fairytale wedding.

Twinkle Terrior said...

what an amazing wedding! you all could be wedding planners! So happy for your family. Just re-read the pampered poodle too ...get some rest after all the excitement and planning ox

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a gorgeous wedding and bride....What you did with your yard is amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures...so inspiring!

Carol

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Sandy what a beautiful wedding. Everything is so special. What a great job of decorating for this wedding. This is just amazing. I went back through a few times the pics are so great. I am going to hire you guys if my daughter gets married wow such a great job. Beautiful.
Kris

pipigirl said...

Simply put....amazing job. Fantastic...have missed you!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Sandy, you already know how gorgeous I think Janae's wedding was and I'm thrilled you shared it this week on Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and I look forward to seeing more photos of this beautiful fairytale wedding. Hugs ~ Kerryanne

June said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS Sandy!!!!! Absolutely amazing post of beauty!

Kim said...

Unbelievable! What a completely amazing wedding. I can't believe you did it all yourselves. Congratulations to all!!

zerry ht said...

Indeed your family is creative dear; you all planed for a wonderful wedding and turned a normal backyard space in to a beautiful fairytale wedding space. I am planning to hire outdoor Lincoln park wedding venues for my wedding and hoping everything will go great on the day.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sisi said...

Beautiful photos .