Friday, April 10, 2015

Tip Toe thru the Tulips...

It is such a beautiful time of year! So much has been going on around here including me being sick with Ecoli and having a 105.7 temperature and seizures. But all is good now and we celebrated our beautiful Spring weather by visiting the tulip fields today.

Janae wanted to take photos of her dogs in the fields and so Wyatt, Jaxon, Janae and I made the trip with Janae's dogs to the fields.


It was a beautiful day but so sunny it took awhile for the sun to go down enough to get good pictures!


When the kids were little we went to the tulips every year and  took pictures. They hated it because I would get in a bad mood if I didn't get the perfect photo. In my older age I wasn't such a perfectionist with Jaxon. He would say "I'm done now Aunt Sandy" and I said "okay". I still got some cute pictures by bribing him with going to Dairy Queen to get a chocolate sundae after we were done in the fields.

I started to do some photo editing on these photos and decided against it. They are the most beautiful in their original state with the beautiful colors in all their glory.







There is a lot of fun stuff to play on and do at the fields too.








The day was a success. Janae got the photo she wanted of the dogs...


Jaxon smiled for pictures and got his chocolate Sundae...


Wyatt was so much help with both Jaxon and the dogs he was happy to have his favorite meal--a Dairy Queeen Chicken Basket and Brownie Cookie Dough Blizzard.


I think this will once again become a yearly trip!

Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

How love lovely to spend a day like that. Isn't Wyatt getting so tall. Jaxon obviously loves to be with you. He looks so happy. I love your new profile pic too,you look so nice.

Grandma Carolee said...

This is both a beautiful, and adorable post. Thank you for sharing the experience & beauty with us. Wyatt is a wonderful young man!!

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Sandy. It's been a while for me on blogging world, but it is always nice to see a post from you. These photos are beautiful and thank you for posting! I hope all is well with you. blessings, Lady

farmhouse-story said...

the tulip pictures are lovely, sandy! it must have been breathtaking in person!

Junkchiccottage said...

Tooo sweet Sandy. Wow those tulips are gorgeous. Janae I am sure got great pictures with those photogenic fur babies of hers. Sweet pictures of the boys too.
Kris

Janae said...

I'm so glad we went. It was such a beautiful day & a lot of fun! Plus I got the perfect pics I wanted :)

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

What beautiful photos and children! And puppies, of course!!

JP said...

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that you were so-o very sick, but happy to hear that you have recovered! Love the pics of your fun day at the tulip fields!
JP

JudyMae said...

Been wondering where you were! Glad you are ok now. What a lovely outing. We have a tulip festival in Pella, Iowa, a town not far from where I live. Those pictures are beautiful.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How beautiful, Sandy! I don't think I've seen a field like that in person anywhere. I have seen a field full of sunflowers both here in Ohio and when we lived in NY. Seeing flowers on such a grand planting as this is just lovely and made for a great backdrop for your pictures.