Sunday, December 2, 2012

My new Flora Doora

I am always just amazed at the creative talent and the kindness that I have found in the blogging world. I have been admiring these little bags that are waterproof for quite awhile..called Flora Doora's.


I just love them because you can put water in them and whatever fresh flowers or greenery you want..and you can hang them on a chair, a doorknob..wherever you want!


I saw this one with the lace and really wanted it. Well, I didn't order it in time (someone beat me to it) and so I messaged Jane at Flora Doora and she told me she had more lace and could make one for me. Then she said she would send it to me as a gift...what a sweetheart! I added the little rhinestone button (because I love a little sparkle for the holidays) and the branches and I am just in love with it. She makes them in all different fabrics and stuff--I look forward to getting a couple more this spring when all my flowers are blooming! Her Etsy shop is on vacation right now but you can find her blog here...Flora Doora Blog.


The fact that Jane sent me such a sweet gift just fills me with holiday happiness!

I hope you are all finding happiness in the holidays. Thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

Janae said...

It looks great! What a wonderful gift, how kind of that lady. I love the last picture!

Heirloom treasures said...

This is lovely Sandy,how generous Jane is.xx

Melanie said...

It is so pretty, love that idea! What a sweet friend!!

Grandma Carolee said...

What a pretty gift from Jane! Love how you put the greenery in it and added some sparkle. It warms my heart & makes me feel so good when people are generous like that.

Anne said...

What a sweet gift from Jane! I love that you added your personal touch on yours too !
xx
Anne

Junkchiccottage said...

That is so sweet. I love it. What a beautiful gift to you.
Kris

Junkchiccottage said...

That is so sweet. I love it. What a beautiful gift to you.
Kris

Cynthia said...

So sweet and pretty love the detailing.

Cynthia

Lucille said...

A lovely bag, Sandy! The bag looks like it's wearing a pretty lace collar! I also like the added touch of the little rhinestone button. Also, the cat looks so cute. I like the expression on its sweet face! It was a lovely gesture on this lady's part!

Latane Barton said...

that's new to me but I love the little bags. Hope I can find some to decorate with.

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute bag, sandy:) these would look great in lots of places throughout the house--love it!

Lady Pamela said...

How pretty. I think I need one, too.
*Smiles*

Diane said...

I love these little flora doora bags. I've never heard of them, they are so cute. So nice of you to leave a comment on my blog and thanks for sharing!

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Flora Doora looks just beautiful! I love how you added the pin! Makes me happy you are enjoying it so much!

Jane
Flora Doora

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautiful gift. Looks great with the greenery, and the pin.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a nice gift, I have never heard of a water proof bag how cute and genius!

Carol

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I have not heard of these yet so I am off to check them out.Fabulous Idea!

Sweet Gift too! It looks perfect for your space.

~Cheers Kim

Connie said...

What a lovely gift and what a sweetie pie to sent it to you. The pillow on your chair is lovely, too. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog and be sure and come back next week and get in on the Give-Away.
Stay happy,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your flora doora looks wonderful with the greens. What a sweet gift! I am so excitied that you came by and followed me! That first step is always a big one. You made my day!

must love junk said...

I agree, blogging friends are the sweetest! I love your little bag and how you've 'styled' it-looks great!
Susan

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I've bought quite a few of these sweet bags for myself and for gifts, always a hit!

Anonymous said...

Love all of your memory pis and your holiday decor.Thanks for stopping by to comment on my decor!Happy Holiday's to you!