Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas at our house

I can't believe how close it is until Christmas! The fact that the weather was so warm for so long this year I think kind of made me feel like I still had a lot of time til the holidays, but now ready or not they are here!


I finally got the bathroom decorated..something I was thinking of skipping this year but turns out the kids like it when I decorate the bathroom so I decided it must be done :)


Afterall, for me Christmas is all about making happy memories for my children.


We are having a family get together at our house on Sunday night with my husbands side of the family so it gave me added inspiration to decorate the bathroom.


I leave the outside of our house to my husband and kids. I am sure you can probably guess my choice would not be to fill the yard with holiday blow ups. :) But again, it is all about the kids, and they love them!


 Had to add a little fake snow to this photo for fun (gotta love Picmonkey!) because though we have been doing our snow dance, there has yet to be any snow that lasted more than an hour or two. It sure feels cold enough though!


Duke has been keeping warm in his Christmas pajamas.


Other than a couple times the kittens (I suppose they are cats now!) have been really good about leaving the tree alone. I have been proud of them.

Even though there has been a lot of sadness in the world recently I am warmed by all the good that is out there too. I think recent tragedies have made us all realize how important we all are to each other.


There is more good than bad, and that makes me feel really good about the holidays. 

I hope everyone is warm and cozy this holiday season!




24 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love all of the blue you have going on, wish I could add a little fake snow here in Orlando. you are right, there is a lot of good in the world and we will hang on to that. Merry Christmas to your family!

Carol

Sweet Melanie said...

How cozy indeed...everything is beautiful! And yes there is more good in the world than bad and I am so very thankful! Merry Christmas Sandy!

Marissa said...

Cozy,Cozy,Cozy!! love it all.. I also love the outdoor decor!!! Merry Christmas!

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully done, Sandy! Merry Christmas blessings to you!

xoxo laurie

Heirloom treasures said...

Sandy,everything is beautiful. I sure am keeping warm,Sunday is going to be 39c here :( Cooling down for Christmas day though, which will be nice as all the family are coming here,which is tradition. Turkey roast and all the trimmings. Merry Christmas xx

Marie Arden said...

Everything looks fresh and so pretty. I am glad your children will have these great holiday memories.
Best to you in 2013

Ana said...

Your bathroom looks beautiful Sandy. Looks like a little winter wonderland in there.

❤Ana

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
It all looks gorgeous, I love your sparkly mantle :-)
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Bella

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Hi Sandy,

Everything looks merry and bright for Christmas! I like mixing in things the kids enjoy. Like you said it is all about making memories for them.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Melanie said...

Yes, that warmer weather made me feel as if I had more time too!!

Everything is just lovely! Just don't ask us to choose a favorite, it would be impossible!! Love it all!!

Yes, recent events have made me realize how important we are to each other!!! Wise words!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh so pretty. I can see why the kids love the bathroom decorated, I would too! Your home is so so pretty.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

hugs
Sissie

Grandma Carolee said...

This is a wise & positive post...and your bathroom & whole house are beautiful. Thank you so much for your help with my TV yesterday. I"m so thankful for the love of family & friends.

Anne said...

Sandy I love how your home is decorated for Christmas! Even your bathroom looks lovely! We had our first and only snowfall last night.Not much snow but it is really windy and cold today.Making more cookies after school today!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
xx
Anne

Cynthia said...

I love everything you have done for Christmas, everything is so pretty and sparkling. Love the mantel it is so pretty.

Cynthia

Lucille said...

I love your decorations! A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

Janae said...

Everything looks so good! The Bathroom is my fav! You should post a pic of the outside of the house it when its dark it looks so good with all the lights on.

Olivia said...

Just gorgeous sweetie!! Xoxo

Olivia

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Simply Beautiful AS ALWAYS!!!! WOW! :) A very big ho ho ho to you and yours! hugs!!!!

Diane said...

Your home looks beautiful. Love your Christmas decorations. It's always fun to deck the halls, especially for your children. Have a Merry Christmas!

The Porcelain Rose said...

Beautiful pictures!! Lovely!
I especially love the one of Duke in his PJ's. LOL! My Archie is so big.... it's like putting a sweater on a horse.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Happy Holidays!
Elizabeth

Cottage and Broome said...

Your bathroom is so pretty, nice that your kids appreciate you decorating it for them! I like the mantel too. Thanks iso much for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful holiday, Laura

farmhouse-story said...

the bath looks dreamy:) have a wonderful xmas and new year, sandy!

Tara said...

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas..xx

June said...

Your home is so lovely for Christmas Sandy. It IS all about the kids! I think it is so important to make it as magical for them as we can. I love how much fun your husband and kids have with the outside decorating : )

Many wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and that beautiful family of yours!