Sunday, April 20, 2014

Wisteria and a Lovely Easter Weekend

The Wisteria is just starting to bloom...I love this time of year in the garden.


The blooms are still only about half bloomed but they look amazing already. Purple being one of my favorite colors I love Wisteria.

The below photo is taken out of our living room window. So pretty!


I have been so busy being the Easter Bunny this week. The Easter Bunny who sews.

Instead of a Easter basket I made this tote bag for Janae with all her fur babies on it.


I put candy in it too. She loved it.

I made Easter dresses for Chantel's guinea pigs and she posted this photo on Instagram.


They look so cute!

Chantel Babysat Jaxon on Saturday and as always it was so fun to have a 2 year old around the house!


His Mama has lost her hair now and my brother in law shaved his head too. Thank you to all praying for Kirsten.


Please continue your prayers. She has a hard battle going on right now but I have faith she is going to come through it.

The kids were happy with their Easter baskets...


Jerry and I were pretty happy Janae brought us Easter baskets too :)


We had our second annual dog Easter egg hunt. We put lunch meat into eggs and the dogs find them and eat the lunch meat.



A tradition that is fun for all of us!

I told the kids it looks like a pet faire or something at our house! As we were eating dinner outside I looked around to see all the dogs and the guinea pigs and Janae's bunnies hanging out in the backyard too.


Oh...and I can't forget to show the pretty deviled eggs Chantel made for dinner!


It was a lovely Easter weekend at our home...and I hope it was at yours as well!


Thanks for visiting!

20 comments:

Janae said...

Thank you soooo much for my purse I love it!!! Chantels Guniea pig dresses are adorable! Thank you for having me over for a delicious Easter dinner. You are the best Mom ever!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter !!! Love wisteria and the guinea-pigs are so super cute :-) xoxo
Vicky

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi
Your blog is my favorite of all blogs. I loved everything about your weekend, the animals are just precious. I have been praying for Kirsten since you asked and I will continue to pray for her. Have a great day today
deezie

Grandma Carolee said...

What a fun & beautiful post!! I love all that you made for Easter, and think it is so good that Janae' gave you and Jerry baskets. The wisteria is beautiful and the little furry babies are adorable.

Cristan said...

Your Easter was lovely, as was mine! Such a nice day for Family and fur-babies! <3

Melanie said...

I love Wisteria too! It brings back happy memories from childhood, just a whiff transports me back to happy times! Love the dresses you made, so very cute! Glad that you had a lovely Easter and keeping Kirsten in my prayers!

Heirloom treasures said...

How lovely your Easter weekend looks Sandy. love all the furry babies in their gorgeous little outfits. Beautiful bag and the wisteria is so lovely. Ours hasn't flowered yet since we've had it,but maybe next year.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter, Sandy! I love the gifts you made. Those little dresses are adorable and the tote turned out great. I love wisteria, too. Always wished I had a pergola it could have draped over. I have my flower plan ready for this year and I will be incorporating lots of purple in.

Benita said...

It looks like all of the people and all of the pets had a wonderful Easter celebration !!

Jasper's Cottage said...

Reading about your Easter makes me smile from ear to ear! I think the dog Easter egg hunt is the cutest idea ever and the gifts you gave your family show hours of love. What a lovely post to start my week!
xo Jonni xo

Cindy said...

haha! I LOVE seeing the fur babies all dressed up for spring. It is so cute and funny... and.. I KNOW, isn't the wisteria just amazing and fabulous. It scents the air all around and it's so beautiful...

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Sandy,
Ohhhhhh your post is just so delightful. I love all your fur babies in their Easter attire. Tooo cute.
Glad you had a great time on Easter.
Kris

The Scarlet Petticoat said...

the bag you made for janae is beautiful! sounds like you were 'sew' busy last week! maybe you can relax and enjoy your spring blooms this week! xoxo

primrosesattic said...

I will have to try a Easter Egg Hunt with my dogs. It sounds and looks fun.Kirsten looks beautifu.
Your wisteria is so pretty. I wish I had one in my garden.
Have a good week.
Rosezeeta.

JP said...

First and foremost prayers for Kristen! Glad to see that you had a nice Easter. I love all the wisteria that grows wild all around NC and was amazed by it when we moved down here at this time last year....it is truly beautiful. You are lucky to have your own for cuttings. I used it in the decor for the party that I posted last week with a garden theme.
Happy belated Easter wishes to you!
JP

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

You are so lucky to have Wisteria! It is just gorgeous. It looks like you had a wonderful Easter with your family, what a sweet momma you are. Prayers for Kirsten, my heart goes out to her.

~Shanon

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What great pictures...Love all the animals and all of the sewing you did for the kids and pets! Prayers for Kirsten....I feel so bad, but she looks great! Love the pet egg hunt!

Carol

farmhouse-story said...

lovely easter pics, sandy! and i love that you got your own basket! the wisteria is so beautiful--can't wait for mine to bloom:) have a great week!

Fishtail Cottage said...

love seeing all your blooms - wow, you have so much in bloom! Would love to see you link up next week (May 1)to Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party!!!! xoxo

Polytunnel Princess said...

Hi there I have just come across your blog and love it. Can I ask you a question about using Annie Sloan paint on fabric. I am a convert to chalk paint and I want to do a similar project to your desk and chair project but have not been brave enough to paint on fabric. Is it easy to do and how do you seal it?
Thank you Maxine