Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Garden in Oregon

I love living in Oregon. The weather is just perfect here for growing so many things.


We do have our sunny days but we have many rainy Spring days. To me rain equals green...and I like green.

I went outside today...with a raincoat and umbrella...to take some pictures of how the gardens are doing. Fez seemed quite worried about me as he stared out the window at me. I think he was quite sure I had lost my mind going out in the rain.


The Wisteria is the star of the shows these days at our house.



I am amazed and delighted by how many blooms it has this year.

Other things are just getting ready to be the next star of the garden...

My climbing Eden rosebush looks like it is going to be awesome this year and the buds are making me excited for roses in the house!

 Remembering my beautiful Eden roses from last year...



Our Lilac bush in the back is once again not doing so well. A lot of dead branches and not as many blooms as I would like. I am guessing the bush is as old as the house--something like 30 years old. Anyone have any suggestions for bringing new life to an old Lilac bush? I know it is not liking all the rain we have been having recently.  The blossoms are so gorgeous--I don't want to lose it.



The Lilac bush in the front is having an okay year but not as many blooms as it usually has...the blooms on that one are a very deep purple.


It looks so pretty near my snowball tree which should be beautiful soon too.



The Peonies are all budded too--the burgandy should bloom any day and then comes my favorite...pink!
 
 
 My husband has been busy with some outdoor projects.

I love this Petunia tower he built me and I cannot wait for it to be covered in blooms.



He also built himslef a stepped strawberry planter and a new water feature.


I really enjoy water features because I love the sound of running water and also it brings the frogs! I love the sound of frogs when I sit on my back patio in the evening.


Jerry uses our old fence boards to build so many things!


All this rain is causing puddles behind my dry back patio.
 
 
Even with the rain--I so love spending time in the gardens.



To end this post I thought I would share this sweet angel I found at Goodwill.


I actually kind of like the finish she has...but I always think angels look more heavenly in white. She will be getting her makeover soon :)

Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Sandy,your garden is a pretty picture,just stunning.I love the photo of fez through the window with the reflection of the flowers.
Your hubby is so creative.Love the planters.

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi,
Your Garden is amazing, so full of the most beautiful flowers. I live on the
East Coast and we have no flowers at all yet, well no we do have some tulips and the crocus, but that is it. I can't wait now after seeing all your gorgeous flowers. Love the angel, can't wait to see what you do with it. Love your husbands water feature and planters he made, have a great day
deezie

farmhouse-story said...

just gorgeous, sandy! i just cut back my lilacs when they bloom less. we've even cut old, big branches out at times. handy husbands are the best, huh:)

my peonies are 3" tall--we are so far behind your growing season!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your garden is looking beautiful, Sandy! I love seeing the wisteria. I don't know anything about lilacs, but I'm sure someone will have an answer for you. I'm patiently waiting for things to come back to life here.

Grandma Carolee said...

You and Jerry are both so creative and have amazing green thumbs. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous! It is a treat to sit on your back porch and enjoy all of the beauty.

Melanie said...

The flowers are lovely!! Spring is beautiful in your area! Those Eden Roses are so pretty! Can't wait top see the petunia tower when it is covered in blooms.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
Your garden looks so elegant with all the pretty colors. I can just imagine the fragrances. Love the water features your husband created. I know it must be wonderful to just sit and take in the show.

hugs
Sissie

Katherines Corner said...

beautiful blossoms welcome the new season in your lovely yard. Hugs P.S. I invite you to share at my Thursday hop ( you can link up through Sat)

Ana said...

I am so jealous Sandy, your garden is absolutely beautiful. I so wish I had a green thumb. Enjoy my friend. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

lashawnmontoya said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful garden Sandy, and all the rain! That is the bad thing about CA...so dry most of the time. If I could move anywhere in the USA, it would be OR! In fact if Trin, Dave and I could get jobs there in the same place, our entire family would move up there, lock, stock and barrel!

pipigirl said...

sandy.... for lilacs cut back ONE THIRD of bush after done flowering. do that for 3 yrs. will be a beauty. i have to do same thing this yr. good luck.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, your wisteria is gorgeous and the lilacs, we don't have lilacs here in Orlando, but I remember them from when I was a kid up north!

Carol

Seawashed said...

Your gardens are beautiful. I love the strawberry planter!

must love junk said...

Oh, all your blooms are just gorgeous!! Love that water feature, too!
Susan

June said...

I would give anything to be able to grow wisteria here :( Yours is absolutely wonderful!!!
sending hugs...

Fishtail Cottage said...

Would love to have you join Fishtail Cottage's garden party this Thursday! May 1st is the first party of the season! hope you see you! xoxo, tracie

Fishtail Cottage said...

so glad you linked up! love seeing all your blooms! xoxo

JP said...

Sandy, you have such a wonderful collection of flowers to enjoy. I can't wait to get back "home" tomorrow and see some of my old plantings that should be in bloom. Lilacs will be among them and a favorite of mine, too! Enjoy all of yours!
JP

Lady of the Woods said...

oh Sandy your garden is fantastic! and hubby's who do garden things too? that must be something! beautiful water feature and petunia tower! love that!