Sunday, October 7, 2012

Giving in to Fall...

I have said it several times... Fall is not my favorite season. But I have finally decided--not wanting it to be here yet is not making it go away. So what to do? If you can't beat 'em,  join 'em I've decided.


So slowly I have been bringing out the Fall and Halloween boxes of decore.


Even though the kids don't get as excited as they used to it still makes them happy to see the decorations coming out.


What a beautiful Fall day it was! We are having desert conditions--our humidity being less today than it was  in Arizona and Las Vegas. That's crazy--we are Oregon afterall. I am kind of getting worried...for the first time in my life..about how hard our ground is. It is crazy dry here. I don't have to say it but I will..I really miss our rain.

But today I cleaned and cleaned ..with my oldies music blasting thru the house and Wyatt and Chantel giving me the "you're weird" look and Gage sweetly smiling at me and bouncing to the music. I love cleaning house and having the music really loud. Since when is Foreigner not cool anyway? I guess I am really old.


I got a little quickie project done too...


These cute little pumpkins are from Target but I got them at Goodwill. They are a little too orange for me--though I love the texture on their stems.

So I added my new favorite paint...


I LOVE this white pearl metallic paint. I want to stencil my bedroom with it---but haven't ever been able to find enough bottles of it!


Isn't that the prettiest paint?!  I think I may glam these up a bit more, but not sure yet. I really love the one I made for Janae's birthday.


For now they look simple and sweet by the faux pink mum my Mom found for me at a garage sale.



Do you see the dreamcatcher hanging in the corner? I had a hook there so I thought I would enjoy it for a bit before I have the giveaway:)


One thing I have been enjoying about Fall is though we have had daytime temps up to 80--it has been getting down to 30 at night. Good excuse to have a nice cup of dark chocolate cocoa with marshmellows.


Simple pleasures.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

28 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Sandy,your table with the mums and ruffled cloth and pumpkin is just gorgeous. We get Folk art paint here,I must look for that metalic white,it's really nice. I wish our Target sold such nice things as over there.
I would really like to know how you do the spider web in the middle of your dream catcher. Hope your tutorial comes soon,I love them so much. xx Woops just noticed you did it on your last post. I must have been sleeping,I missed it. Going for a look now, Thanks. x

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos,beautiful autumn!!!Have a nice day:-)
xoxo...by Vicky

Janae said...

I love your pretty lady pumpkin, it's so cute that she's wearing blush. Your pumpkins that you got from Goodwill turned out really nice and simple but super cute. That paint you used I really like. The flowers from grandma are very very pretty.

Grandma Carolee said...

Cleaning house to music played loudly sounds like a good idea...of course, I'd play Elvis. :-) Your home decor looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your Fall decorations look wonderful! I love the way you painted the Target/Goodwill pumpkins! I can just see you cleaning to oldies! It always helps to make it fun!

Anne said...

Sandy your fall vignette looks so pretty! Love turquoise with brown!Those painted pumpkins are so sweet too!
xx
Anne

Sherry Hicks said...

As always I am very inspired by your decor, I want some hot chocolate with marshmellows now..........saw the tutorial thanks so much
Sherry

Ana said...

Sweet autumn decor Sandy...I cannot wait to decorate. Hopefully I'll be back completely to my old self soon and get started. Love how those pumpkins turned out.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Nadja said...

Dear Sandy.... Oh I like your bedskirt table (I say it again ;O), sorry) All the Things are really pretty. I will try to paint a pumpkin also white... How cute it is?!
Nadja

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love your black chandy! Thanks so much for the tip on the folk art metallique paint, your pumpkins turned out so elegant!

Hugs, Penny

Rebecca Nelson said...

Well girly you joined 'um up good! LOVE your black light...YOU ARE SO FUNNY! GO FOR IT! Life (and Fall) is short!

I love fall because the great memories associated with it....the food, family, etc. It's the blazing HOT HOT HOT Summers I can't stand.

Love you~Rebecca

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
Just stopping by to say hello and see whatcha been up to!

I just love the pumpkins and that silver paint makes them so lovely.

Of course, everything you do is lovely. I like the idea of cleaning house and jammin!

hugs
Sissie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your witch and that "B" in the first picture, Sandy! Did you make the letter? Love it. Nice job on the pumpkins. I love the one you made for Janae. I have just enough Fall stuff out and have decided to not really put out my Halloween stuff this year. Not that I had a lot, but I used to put out things in several areas in the house. I guess I'm saving all my decorating energy up for Christmas!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love your chandelier!! It is so pretty.. As is all of your halloween goodies!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Janet said...

Your house looks so pretty! I love how those pumpkins turned out! I will have to get some of that paint!
Blessings,
Janet

Melanie said...

Laughing becuase I play the music loud when I clean too!!! Foreigner is still cool!

Cynthia said...

Everything looks great. Love the painted pumpkins. That chandelier is fantastic and love the cup and saucer.

Cynthia

momto8 said...

love your pumpkins!!!
makes my plastic orange ones look pretty lame!

farmhouse-story said...

very cute pumpkin--love your table, and chandy, too! the cup with the crown--adorable!

Cindy said...

I know, i used to get sad in the fall too, but this summer it was so hot, i almost welcome it... except for the dark, don't like the dark coming early.
Those little pearlescent white pumpkins are so pretty!

Cindy

Diane Mars said...

Your home looks beautiful.. and yes I do have a ruffle attachment for my machine but it still can give me fits! Hugs, Diane

pipigirl said...

house beautiful:)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm with you I love any pumpkin that is not orange and your white and silver ones are perfect. We are still waiting for cooler weather here in Orlando, It supposed to get to 69 tonight...Oh ya a real cold snap LOL!

Carol

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

Looks like you have found a way to enjoy the season on your own terms-by picking your own color palette! What wonderful inspiration and everything looks so beautiful. You go girl!

Pam Kessler said...

Please don't tell me that Foreigner isn't cool! I like your light Fall color scheme. I'm going to see if I can find that paint at Hobby Lobby.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

Your pumpkin is ever so pretty with her blush and mascara! I just love seeing pastel decorations for Halloween.

The hardware stores carry a selection of pearlized and metallic paint made for stenciling on walls. It will be in the faux paint area and also on the paint samples wall. It is beautiful and very subtle when using the same color for the both the wall and the stenciled
area.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Nann said...

I never knew a pumpkin could look SO elegant, but you did it. WOW!! You have taken the very ordinary plain jane to fantastic heights. Gorgeous simply gorgeous!! You outdid yourself this time!! N.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

All your fall decor looks fabulous! I too enjoy cleaning to music and your never to old for some good music are we.
Thanks for showing us how you made your Dreamcatcher.I bought mine from Tausha which I think she is still making them, though I wouldn't mind trying to make one myself.Your's turned out great! Thank you for the tutorial~Cheers Kim