Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How does your garden grow?

I haven't been paying as much attention to my garden as I would like. I have been so busy with the kittens and working on my first stenciled wall (post coming soon). Today I went out and took some pictures of what is going on in the gardens right now. It is fun to compare year to year what is blooming when. Here is how my garden is growing now!

One of my favorite things about having a garden is bringing flowers inside!


My Peonies are just starting to bloom. My Mom who lives about a mile away has a bunch of them blooming.


I figure any day I will be able to cut Peonies for the house!


This year the Dogwood is heavy with blossoms!


.
My Eden rose that I recently got bare root is leafing up well.





The other day after a thunderstorm we had a beautiful rainbow.


The kittens are doing great! I find myself being so proud of them for the simply little things they do as they grow. Here is a picture from the other day...


At least someone in this house is getting sleep! :)

I am excited to finish my stenciling so I can show you!

Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
Your garden looks so healthy and pretty. I miss the peonies so much. They don't grow here on the NC coast.
The little kittens are adorable.

hugs
Sissie

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Your garden is looking beautiful! And that kitten picture is sooo cute.. they are just darling.

Blessings,
Amy JO

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Your garden and flowers look really amazing! Love your sweet kittens too!

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hi Sandy,
Your garden looks beautiful with all the blooms. And your kittens are adorable. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Lisa

Janae said...

Your garden is so pretty I wish mine was half as pretty! I can't wait for you to finish your stencil either, so then I can barrow it! Haha just kidding, well not really =] lol

Julie said...

Hi Sandy.
Thank you for your comment on my fabric. I am so very excited how it turned out.
As for the garden, everything is getting ready to sleep in the garden in Melbourne. Winter is just around the corner. I wish to live in warm country now. (smile)

Can't wait to see your stencil wall.

Julie x

Melanie said...

Your garden pictures are gorgeous! Loving that peony!! The kittens are precious! Sleeping babies are so sweet!

farmhouse-story said...

i wish i had peonies--your flowes are gorgeous, sandy! the kittens are so precious looking, and i think they look bigger-or is it the camera angle?!

Grandma Carolee said...

Beautiful post, Sandy. I love all of your flowers and am so glad to know that the climbing rose is doing well.

Cynthia said...

Your garden looks great and the pictures are pretty. Is that allyum I see?

Cynthia

Nann said...

Beautiful photos. The Rainbow is breathtaking and your kittens are so darling. Cuddling up together like that just tickles me. Well we're off to Alaska in just a couple of minutes so I won't be on the internet for awhile. Its too too expensive on the ship like 3 hours for one hundred dollars. So see ya when I get back. I'll wave to you flying through the air when we go over Oregon:D

Andrea said...

your kittens are so adorable! love the garden shots, especially the dogwood and peonies =)

MYSAVIOR said...

Love your garden and your kitties!

♥♥♥
Sue

The White Pear Tree said...

Your pictures are absolutely lovely. What a beautiful and colourful garden you have.

And how adorable are those babies! You're doing something right judging by their nice round bellies, they're gaining weight really well!

Have a wonderful day!

Anne said...

Sandy,
Your garden is beautiful.Wish mine looked as lovely as yours.So glad those sweet kittens are doing well.
((((Hugs))))
Anne

Ana said...

Wow Sandy, looks like your garden is in full bloom. So many beautiful flowers. I wish I could grow peonies here...I think they are such a pretty flower. Hope you get to enjoy tons of beautiful blooms.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana