Thursday, January 22, 2015

Catching up

I am so missing all my blogging friends! I feel so bad that I haven't been regularly posting or following blogs and I really miss it. Many of my blogger friends I follow on Facebook and it makes me lazy about my blog. I don't want to give up on my blog though so I am hoping to get back on a more regular schedule.


We had a lovely Christmas. I let myself stress out way too much every year which I am still working on.

Here is a couple photos from Christmas eve at my parents house...



One of the best things about Christmas is the little ones and since Jaxon has become such a big part of our lives we enjoyed him so much this Christmas :)


He was so excited about Santa and so thrilled with every gift he got he was an absolute joy. I hope his Mama was seeing from up above what a wonderful Christmas he had!

Then I spent New years day in a way that I didn't want to start the new year...


Gage had a massive seizure lasting several hours. They gave him so many medications that when they finally got it to stop they had to transport us by ambulance to Doernbecher's Children's hospital and we were in the Intensive Care Unit for 4 days until he finally woke up.

When he woke up and I asked him to smile and he did and it was so wonderful. It was an emotionally exhausting 4 days.


So all is well with Gage now--other than he seems to have a cold now--but I can handle that. No more Intensive care unit I am hoping!

I have been busy as can be painting. I so enjoy it and have a following of ladies who love my items. It is helpful to pay the bills and makes me feel good personally too. I feel like I really have this painting thing down pat now. I promise soon I am going to try some new ideas and I will try to do some tutorials again.

Here is one of my latest projects...



New pieces of furniture create new photo ops for my daughter's dogs! :)



I just love this old dresser! I love what I did with it too. It was hard for me to sell this one because I wanted to keep it for myself!

So that is what my days are full of...taking care of my kids and Jaxon, all of our animals...and painting as often as I can! Winter Formal is this Saturday and though Wyatt has no interest in going, Chantel has been working on getting her dress and everything for the past few weeks. Winter Formal pictures coming soon!

If you have just a second I would love to see who is still following my blog these days--I am off to catch up on other people's blogs now!

Thanks for visiting!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Sandy and so nice to see a post from you. So sorry to hear about Gage. I'm glad he is better now. Your dresser looks beautiful. Look forward to following you in 2015. x Julie

farmhouse-story said...

what a scary start to the new new. i hope gage enjoys good health the rest of the 2015, sandy:) darling dresser-love the colors!

Gayle Ann Berg said...

I'm so sorry that Gage was so ill. Wishing him a healthy year. I love the dresser! Absolutely beautiful colors! I always enjoy your posts...

Tami Hacker said...

Thankful Gage is doing well. May 2015 be healthy & happy year to you & your love ones.

I understand about your blog. I too am following a lot more blogs on Facebook. I also find myself neglecting my blog and I do not want to give it up. Hope inspiration bites us.

Love your dresser - a beautiful job on painting it!

JP said...

Oh, Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear that Gage had another bout serious bout with his seizures and am happy that he had wonderful care and is now home with you and smiling!
Being away from a blog is tough, I know! I was away most of last summer and completely lost touch with almost everyone. It was very hard to get back into the swing. I still find it a bit too time consuming for me to get any other things done and still post 3 or four times a week, so I'm backing off to a leisurely pace.
Your painting is amazing and I relate to the "parting" process ;)
I will be watching for more of you!
JP

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy. Love your blog and miss you like crazy! I am so glad Gage is doing better. He has the sweetest face! Your dresser is beautiful. I can see how hard it would be to sell that. I would want to keep it, too. Jaxon is super cute. Looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas together. Hope ya'll have a happy and blessed new year.

Lady Pamela said...

So good to see you online again. I never realized how much I missed you until you showed up in my email. But I can see that you have been so very busy. I am thrilled to find out that Gage is doing better. Hopes he gets over his cold soon.
Your dresser turned out fantastic. Well done, Sandy.
*Smiles*

Anne's Attic - Design said...

It just isn't fair that such a darling sweet boy has to go through something so tragic. He will be in my prayers. Jo

Barbara said...

Hi Sandy! So glad Gage is better and you posted an update of your life happenings. I miss yours and your daughters blog updates and I check quite often to see if you have updated. Thank you!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So glad to see your son is doing better. It looks like you had a great Christmas too! I know what you mean about FB being easier to post and read

Carol

mary scott said...

I hope you have experienced the worst of the new year & that the rest of the year is smooth sailing for all of you. What a wonderful Christmas photo - you must be so proud of your family.

Heirloom treasures said...

Hi Sandy,so nice to here from you again. I've been worrying where you were. Isn't life busy. I'm the same I try to get posts up but do lag getting them organized. So pleased you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year xx Also so pleased Gage is ok

Janae said...

I love the dresser is turned out so cute!!! Jaxon is so adorable!

Grandma Carolee said...

I"m glad you told me you did a new post. This is a really good one! That picture of Dad with Sidney and Wendy is especially good. I always enjoy your posts.

Junkchiccottage said...

Glad to see a post Sandy. Sorry about Gage but glad he is doing better. Your family Christmas pics are sweet and love Janae's pups in the dresser pic too adorable. Glad Jaxon is doing well and you are all doing all possible to make his life good without his sweet mom around.
Kris

Karen said...

Hi Sandy,
I understand why you haven't been blogging for awhile. You must be very weary worrying and caring for Gage. What a wonderful mother you are! I am so pleased that he is recovering. You have a very special talent for re-doing furniture. Love your dresser! Take care of yourself! Karen and Belated Happy New Year!

Laura T. said...

Welcome back! I'm glad Gage is doing better! From the looks of the second picture, he looks no worse for wear! Your dresser looks fabulous! You said you almost hated to part with it. Haven't I heard you say that before! :0)
That's a great family photo and how adorable is Jaxon in his santa hat!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Sandy! It's great to see your email pop in my Inbox! I'm so sorry Gage has been sick! I know you're exhausted and have been on an emotional roller coaster! I love seeing his smile too and know you were revealed to see it. You have a beautiful family! The Christmas pictures are wonderful! The chest is fantastic; you turned it into a treasure! Your paint choices were perfect!

JudyMae said...

So glad your son recovered well from what must have been scary experience for both of you. What is your Facebook name? I don't see it on your blog but maybe because I am using my phone. Hardly turn on computer anymore. So glad to see your post in Bloglovin. I look for one from you and from your daughter every day! Two I'd my favorite bloggers. Love the dresser. I would want to keep it, too.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you had such a scary start to 2015. May the rest of the year be beautiful and bright. Love the dresser, you did a beautiful job as usual.... So happy that Gage is on the mend and smiling!

June said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Gage had to go to the hospital and was had such a bad seizure Sandy. I would have been scared out of my wits if Landon had one lasting that long. If I would have known I definitely would have been there in spirit for you my dear. I loved seeing your family all together. What a beautiful bunch you all are!!!!
You should feel great about your painted furniture, because IT IS amazing!
sending hugs...

Connie said...

So glad your son is okay! Missed your blogging but certainly understand that there are things more important and urgent! Your posts are worth waiting for!

Annesphamily said...

I love pinterest more than FaceBook although I can visit with friends at FB! The thing I dislike is all the political rants and some inappropriate stuff. I love my blog and the friends I have made there. Lost my job in November and making an effort to blog more. Love the redos and all the wonderful holiday photos. Christmas is a spectacular time of year for us too. Have a wonderufl weekend.