Saturday, November 15, 2014

Painting projects

Christmas is just coming too fast! I have been really feeling like Christmas decorating though ever since Janae and I went to a Christmas open house last night.

Buying Christmas presents isn't a problem for me as far as I am pretty good at knowing what people would want...where the problem comes in is having the money to buy all these gifts! So I have been painting hours every day in hopes of making some money for Christmas. It is fun to be able to make money doing something I love...so I thought I would share a few of my projects.



This dresser is not a huge difference in the before and after but it is done in a way that was requested by a customer in Annie Sloan Original White. She loves it!

This little table my Mother bought for a couple dollars at a garage sale and it turned out so cute I wanted to keep it! It sold within a couple hours.



This next little table sold within one minute of me putting it on Craigslist--the lady was delighted with it.



Another one I wanted to keep--the thing is the project I just did is always my favorite!

This table is so sweet. I think the lady that bought this is putting it in her entryway of her gorgeous home!



As you can see I paint everything in Annie Sloan original white--because that seems to sell really fast. We all know I love white too. But Janae gave me a couple chairs when she cleaned out her garage and I did add a bit of color to them---for me!!


I just  love these chairs! I mixed some Emile with Old White for the purple color--I love purple! Both chairs are done now and I love them!


This year something really strange has been happening to me as far as what attracts me color wise... I have always really disliked red..but now I am really liking red as long as it isn't orangy-red.  I loved the window display at Camas Antiques last night.


So I was itching to paint something red for the holidays...so I painted this small frame and put a Christmas card in it.


Baby steps! But I think this is more red than I have ever had in my house ;)

Oh and one last thing...look what I found at Goodwill!



It was a whooping $9.99--it had all it's crystals and everything but I replaced some of them with antique ones I had from a chandelier I am parting out and so it just adds to the appeal. Goodwill never lets me down!

I did a milk paint project I am loving--will share that soon.

I hope this finds everybody keeping warm! Thanks for visiting!


18 comments:

Bente said...

Oh my, the furnitures looks so beautiful after your painting. Love them all.

Hugs from here

Latane Barton said...

Yes, Christmas is zooming down upon us. I love Christmas but like you am worried about buying gifts this year. Your projects turn out so pretty. Anybody would be nuts not to grab one up for themselves.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow, all of your furniture redos look fabulous! I especially love that last table with all the ornate touches. I've always loved traditional red for Christmas and the idea with the frame is so festive.
I'm starting to like gold again! Imagine that. I added some guilded gold frames and mirrors to the wall in my entry. Should I be worried about myself???? LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Grandma Carolee said...

All of the pieces you painted are beautiful. So glad they are selling well, and you enjoy the work. The grandparent sign by my front door could use your magical touch..when you have time. :-)

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

So pretty and what a bargain on that light!

Lady of the Woods said...

NOOO!! YOU Didn't find that gorgeous chandelier at goodwill!! oh my god! its too perfect! I keep looking and cannot find any and I have all these beautiful lead crystal prisms to put on one...
Oh Sandy, I do hope and pray you get all the $ you need for those gifts, and you are doing a LOVELY fanstatick job on the paintings. ...my favorite is Janae's chair! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! SO ADORABLE.
And please tell her congratulations on her win again!

Junkchiccottage said...

What an awesome bargain on the chandy. I am adding red to all my whites this year and loving it for Christmas.
Love all your re loves of the furniture. They are all so beautiful and will sell. Gorgeous pieces.
Kris

Laura T. said...

I can't believe all the great things you find at your Goodwill. I have 4 that are near me & none of them are as good as yours! All of your projects turned out great!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I love it all and as much as we like to add a little color...You are right...white sells!

Carol

JP said...

You certainly have been productive, Sandy....nice work!
I'm all about the love of red!
JP

Heirloom treasures said...

Oh Sandy you are doing so well with your furniture painting,well done,they all look lovely and that chandy is amazing for that price. We would never get anything like that at our Goodwill. x

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Look at all those furniture transformations! Wow! I really love the change in the dresser... ... and i can't believe you found that fabulous chandy at Goodwill. I love finds like that!

Cindy

Debra said...

Hi Sandy, Debra here from Chandler, AZ. You're so talented. Your pieces are beautiful. You're going to have gift money in no time at all. Your chandelier is dreamy. It would have cost $25 to $35 at any Phoenix area Goodwill. Our Goodwill stores are not very inexpensive. Many times my daughter and I can find better buys at Ross than at Goodwill. I guess I'm mentioning this because we long for the good buys that we see from other parts of the country. I'm happy that you found it for such a good price. Thank you for the link to your painting tutorial. You're sweet and so willing to share. God Bless!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, they never have lighting like that at my Goodwill, Sandy! Great find. I'd like to find something (that works) for our dining area. Getting my husband to change it out for me would be challenge enough without having to rewire something.

Glad to see your painting is netting you some income. Those chairs are great. I remember finding one of those at a yard sale once but I left it "as is" to sell in my booth.

Unknown said...

missing reading your blog... and loved all the pieces especially the purple chairs.
Rasha
www.mychampagnetaste.blogspot.com

must love junk said...

I cannot believe that you found that fabulous chandy at GW-and for a steal!
Love your furniture transformations, too.
Susan

Ivy and Elephants said...

Great redos, no wonder things are selling like hot cakes! That chandy is an amazing find! Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Patti

Ana said...

My goodness Sandy, you have been one busy little bee. Your painting projects all turned out beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderful and very blessed Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
❤️Ana