Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For the Love of Fabric

I love fabric. I would just love to have cupboards full of beautiful floral fabrics. Problem is I am kind of picky. I have a very definite style I like--vintage looking florals with aqua backgrounds being my favorite. I recently discovered Tilda fabrics. They are GORGEOUS! I treated myself to some and ordered it from the UK. Seems like all the fabrics I really love are coming from the UK.


Aren't these so pretty?! I was delighted when they came a few weeks ago. I have been sitting and admiring them and finally have a project planned.


This one is my favorite. It has that faded vintage look. These fabrics are Tilda's Country escape.

Another new fabric I love I found while looking for the Tilda fabric's. The seller called it "Tilda like" fabric and I had to get this one from China!



I love this one too--an as you can tell it is very much like the other one. This one reminds me of a fabric I love from the Simply Shabby Chic line. Janae brought me the bag from her duvet cover that I love and we compared. They are very similar!


I guess one thing you could say about what I like is that I'm consistent! Since these came from so far away I ordered them back around Mother's day sometime. I thought I needed to gift myself something :)

So it has been a regular Oregon Spring here. One day it is hot and I just sit and paint Ball jars and take in the scent of the Star Jasmine blooming on the back deck...



Then the next day it pours so hard the streets flood...



For entertainment my husband, kids and I watched cars go by!


We are true Oregonians...a little rain never bothered us! We actually love to dance in the rain...


An hour later we are back to pretty weather.

Gotta love Oregon!

Back to my fabrics--I just started working on a project. I am hoping it turns out so cute!

Here is a piece of what I am making....



Any guesses what it is? No fair guessing Janae, because you know :)

I'll be back soon with the finished product (I hope)..

Thanks for visiting!

20 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

They are all so pretty Sandy. I can never find ones so nice. It looks like I will have to go on line too. The children look like they are having so much fun,dancing in the rain. At least it will make your flowers grow when it alternates with the sunshine. Have a nice day painting xx

Janae said...

I love all your fabrics you got they are so pretty! I won't give away what your making but I'm sure it's going to look great, can't wait to see it all done.

pipigirl said...

think i know. may have suggested it while back. we'll see:)

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love fabric too! I have a stash of fabric that is crazy...and my friends even buy me pieces at thrift stores.... I love the fabrics you chose. Your weather sounds like our Florida weather. One minute so hot you can't breath, the next storming and blowing like a hurricane. It keeps things interesting.

xoxo,
Amy Jo

Okio B Designs said...

Beautiful fabric. Oh so shabby and vintage-y! And we dance in the rain too - love a good ol' summer thunderstorm to get drenched in! C'mon over to my blog when you have a chance, I'm having a giveaway.

Jeanine

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

They are all gorgeous! Im waiting with baited breath to see what u do with them..I cant even begin to guess...xo , Bonnie

Unknown said...

I'm from Oregon too!! And I love it!!
Even if it rains, I love all the seasons we have!!

Cynthia said...

These fabrics are beautiful, love the colors. Can't wait to see your project finished! Your posts are so lovely l.

Cynthia

Hayu Maselli said...

Hello Sandy,

Beautiful fabric, love those roses fabric. I am one of the lover too.
you have a beautiful garden
remembering me when I was in my hometown,we have 6months of rainy season. I did too as your children did on pics. love raining season
have a good day

Junkchiccottage said...

Sandy,
I can't wait to see what you do with all those pretty fabrics. I bet it will be so sweet. Love the pictures of the down pour and the kids in the rain. So fun!!!!
Kris

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sounds and looks like Oklahoma to me. Always changing!!!!!

Thank you for your prayers.

Love, Rebecca

Anne said...

Ah such pretty fabrics!I have no idea what it is but it is lovely <3
xx
Anne

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the fabric, I am guessing hot pad??....Now I am going to go back and look at everyones guess

Carol

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I have no idea what you are making but your fabrics are so very pretty! I like to buy fabric too but then I don't get much made! Could I just collect fabric for a collection!! Glad you are enjoying the rain. We could use some here again! Nancy

Diane said...

I love the soft colors of your fabrics. The faded vintage look really appeals to me. I'm sure you'll make something lovely. Since I'm originally from the Midwest, our downpours could become thunderstorms quite quickly. I love the Pacific NW climate and I'll take our little downpours over Midwest weather any day!

Fran said...

Hasn't the weather here in Oregon been great?!! Got to love the first day of summer here lol. That fabric looks awesome!! Can't wait to see what you are doing. So far I can't guess lol.

Lucille said...

Hi Sandy! Fantastic fabric. Your children look very happy. I love your white picket fence. It's like a dream. None of that around here.

farmhouse-story said...

you found such pretty fabrics, sandy! dancing in the rain was a fav of mine --a 100 yrs ago:) and whatever you are making--it's cute already! happy weekend!

Lady of the Woods said...

yes I do love them! very pretty, and the aqua is my favorite color after white! I just finished my Shabby Linen Tablecloth and napkins, Love!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

I love those fabrics Sandy. So shabby chic. I am not sure what that is. Please share. My look at that rain. Fun day for the kids..

Janet