Monday, June 4, 2012

My Soul Paint

As the commercial said I would, I think I found my soul paint. I finally finished painting my sun room/creative space. (well almost)  I just love the color. It is Clark and Kensington Harbor Lane.


The color is just what I wanted. In actuality it looks like a Tiffany's blue color. If I had to describe it I would say it is refreshing. It makes me happy.


I am always jealous of all these bloggers that have pink doors. I have seen pink front doors, and back doors, and I always think they look so cute!  The previous owners of this house never painted this back door on the inside. It was just a primer color. I painted it white and it looked good..but it needed another coat and I was out of white paint. What to do? I had some pink paint:) This is Behr Delicate blush..I had gotten a sample of it after seeing Sissie use it. It is a great color..but do you think it is too much? Should I go a lighter pink? I know that I can over do pink because I love pink. It is only paint, so it can easily be changed. My husband hasn't said a thing. I wonder if he noticed?






I painted the back of the hutch the same color as the door. Janae didn't like it the same color as the wall which is what it was. I agreed and so painted it Delicate Blush.

 

This room is actually a walk thru room. The door you see belongs to my husbands man cave. Probably not a good idea to paint that door pink. LOL. This walk thru room is kind of turning into my "women cave".



At our house you just never know where a basket full of kittens might show up!


As you can see in the above picture this little area has remakes in waiting. I use this desk all the time. I have had it over a year and am yet to remake it...but I think it has a lot of potential. It is on my "want to get it done" list. Then there is that lamp..it looked cute at my other house..but doesn't fit in here. I have plans for it to be shabby chic beautiful too! Then I have to make a cover for that printer. So much to do!


I haven't had my ruffled tablecloth on the table for awhile. I love it..I almost forgot how pretty it is. I am also loving my pink Peonies blooming right now. I wish they would bloom all summer!

In the interest of reality blogging the following picture shows what I didn't get done.


I get a little wobbly way up there so my husband said he would do it. He is not always in a hurry to get things done. :(

The old color is shown in the photo below.



I think the new color is so much more "me"...my soul color :)

To end this post I will show you our beautiful sunset tonight. It was even more lovely than the photo shows.


Thanks for visiting!

35 comments:

Melanie said...

The new paint color is perfect! I love the pink door too!! My husband doesn't get in a hurry to get things done either, LOL!!!

Connie said...

Your right the color is beautiful. Its so clean, refreshing and a happy color. I love the pink door and pink in the hutch. You did an excellent job. I always like what you create.
I was such in awe of your ruffles that I ordered the ruffle bedskirt for my bed. I love the ruffles. Keep up the great job. You get so much done with all the rest of the things that you have to do.
Hugs,
Connie, IN/FL

Grandma Carolee said...

I also love that color blue and the pink door...beautiful...and YOU! The photo of the kittens in the basket is adorable.

Debra said...

Keep the pink door--it's perfect!

Lucille said...

I love that pink door! It adds a certain charm to the room. I also prefer the back of the hutch pink because I find it makes everything on the shelves stand out more.

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love all your pink, blue, and the ruffles...I just love ruffles! Please visit my blog and you'll see how much I love ruffles!! Penny

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I love your sunroom. I wouldn't change the door! The pink color is gorgeous too and the back of your hutch has it. It's all seamless and lovely! Great makeover! I can see why the blue speaks to your soul!

lashawnmontoya said...

It looks spectacular! LOVE the color. Fantastic!

Donna Heber said...

Sandy,

Your sunroom is gorgeous! So soft and elegant and I love the pink door :-) Everything looks so lovely.

Cindy said...

Oh, it's just a beautiful, delightful color. And i like the pink door with it. I think painting the inside of the cabinet pink really ties it all together and especially with those luscious pink peonies. I think you're gonna have to have pink flowers on the table all the time now, because it looks so great!

Cindy

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sandy!

OH MY! I absolutely LOVE this! It is eye candy!!!

The original taupe/beige was okay but just not YOU! The pink accents make this room. So jealous of your peonies...

Gotta love those precious kitties too!

xoxo Bunny Jean

The White Pear Tree said...

What a lovely room! I love everything about it, the colours, the furniture, the accessories, etc. (particularly the basket of kittens!)

And that sunset! Doesn't it look like my picture on the left?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the color and the pink door is perfect, your house is gorgeous!! I could so live there, and the basket of kittens ....priceless!

Carol

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

We used the Clark & Kensington in our laundry room {well, hubby did since he painted it while I was in NY}. He said he liked the way it went on better than the Sherwin Williams we used in the sunroom. I'll be showing that off soon, once I get my things back on shelves and walls. Love the color you chose and I like the pink door.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Lovin' your SOUL COLOR! Reminds me of the paint I used in my guestroom. Gorgeous and soothing to the eye...and SOUL!

xoRebecca

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow Sandy, you have truly found your soul paint.....the color looks vibrant and so romantic! I love it. And the pink looks perfect on the door and inside the cabinet. Isn't that the prettiest pink color ever! I'm glad that you tried it and like it.

The kitties in the basket deserve a post all on their own. Just darlin.

hugs
Sissie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow Sandy, you have truly found your soul paint.....the color looks vibrant and so romantic! I love it. And the pink looks perfect on the door and inside the cabinet. Isn't that the prettiest pink color ever! I'm glad that you tried it and like it.

The kitties in the basket deserve a post all on their own. Just darlin.

hugs
Sissie

Heirloom treasures said...

Sandy,I love your colours so much. The pink is not too much,it's so pretty,it matches the face of your clock. Love Love it all. I haven't had my ruffle tablecloth on for a while either. Time to get it out again I think. I don't think you will be parting with any of those Kitties,they are so adorable. xx jeanetteann

Bliss said...

My eye is drawn to that awesome trunk in the background.

~Bliss~

Cottage and Broome said...

I love the pink door, no it is not too much! It looks perfect with the new wall color. Beautiful room, I'd want to spend all my time there. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Love the new color!, and the ruffled tablecloth...that looks familiar! xo

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Sandy,
I am so Jealous!! I want a pink door...:( Your house is adorable. I just love everything you are doing. Especially that pink door!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Debbie said...

I think we should all be bold enough to paint our doors pink if that is what would make us happy! Your room looks lovely, Sandy.
Enjoy.
xxooDebbie

kathy said...

I'm new to your blog but I have already fallen in love with your decorating! Beautiful sunset! Love your kitties too!

goddessof4 said...

Looks great!!! My favorite color is pink!!! I also have a lot of the tiffany blue through out my home. Sara

Sandi said...

This room is BEAUTIFUL Sandy!! I LOVE IT and the door looks wonderful pink!! I can't believe you stenciled that wall. Looks like a lot of work to me so I will just let you do it. LOL
Blessings~

farmhouse-story said...

i'm loving the gorgeous blue/pink combo, sandy:) all of your white furniture, ruffles and chandelier make such a charming room! and then, there's the lovely stenciled wall!

bet it was fun getting all the kittens in that baseket for a pic-adorable:)

Krista said...

Beautiful pictures and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink door!!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sansy!

I commented before so this time I will only say that I am so glad you are sharing this post at my party. I know it will be a hit!

Thanks for sharing at the Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Before I read a word of your post, I noticed the pink door and thought it was perfect with the soft colors in the room.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop.

Debra

micky said...

Very nice decorations,and beautiful flowers.Realy enjoy your Blog. Take care Micky

Janae said...

Now I want to copy! Lol

Anne said...

Sandy,
That color looks beautiful!!!Love how bright it is.Your door looks so pretty too.The perfect shade of pink with your wall color.
((((Hugs)))))
Anne

blessings said...

Your creative room is just gorgeous! I loved the before too but the after seems perfect for you. Funny about the door!

And now I know why the kittens are bottle fed. So sad. But now you have some sweet new "kids" to watch grow up. =)

Blessings... Polly

Geneva said...

Congratulations on your feature at Bunny Jeans ... I love your paint choices... so fresh! You have a lovely blog!
Blessings!
Geneva